EA Games issue under SP2

redder

A friend of mine complains about a problem he's been having with EA games, such as NFSU2 and NBA2005, and others more, he claims that the problem is caused by SP2, I'd like to if you've exprienced this issue with some games or with anything under XP SP2.

The install gets to the 56% and doesn't continue after that, with any of the EA games, except for NFSU and The Sims2

hello. i got some other games from EA and running XPSP2, but i don't have this kind of trouble...could it be a problem with your cdrom drive?

No it can't be a problem with his CD-Rom drive, he even made a ISO image of the original to his computer and ran it with D-tools, and still got the same exact error, I had somethning smiliar with The Sims 2 on my dad's computer, it just stopped on the 27% for absolut no reason and it didnt install no matter what you would do, the problem was solved by reinstalling XP (I don't have the head to solve problems when they're not on my computer...). So... I have no idea what could be the problem of his computer, he decided not to worry about it and reinstalled XP with SP1, for him it's a solved problem. Just thought about asking you guys if you had the same problem.