"show desktop"

misskellibad1

Can't tell you exactly HOW to change the icon - but I can get you to a similar place. Create a new shortcut on the desktop:

Right-click on a blank part of the Desktop

Pick New | Shortcut

In the top box of the Create Shortcut Wizard, click browse and find this file:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Show Desktop.scf"

Then click Next - give it a name and click finish.

Now right click your new icon, and select Properties then click on CHANGE ICON - select whatever icon you want etc etc etc. You can then drag that 'shortcut' down to the Quick Launch bar or whatever you want....

LS_Dragons

what they said.......................................

If you get Micro..........you can just rt. click and choose "Apperance" or go through properties and change it that way.

You will want to start collecting icons. I store icons in My documents in a folder named, of course, Icons.

E-icons, Iconpackager, etc. have icon libraries to choose from but there are better ones out there.

forgot one other thing -- why bother with an icon or the 'quick launch' at all. Just hold down the windows Logo key and press D. Bingo - all windows minimized and your desktop.

You can tell I started with computers BW (Before Windows) cause I use tons of Keyboard Shortcuts.

LS_Dragons

Okay, here's the deal. I have been collecting chrome icons for a couple of months to go with this really cool halloween wallpaper I found. What I am attempting to do is have all the quick launch buttons chrome(that is why I don't just minimize).

I am a little slow maybe but I have e-icons and I couldn't find anything in there to do what I wanted.

If I do as you suggest LS, what do I do with the other icon? (stupid question?)

@Lynch, I didn't get what you posted. Bad link.

Thanks all.

MB

If you make your own shortcut to SHOW DESKTOP in the admin folder as indicated in my post - you can then delete SHOW DESKTOP from the same folder in your user name - then it won't be in the QUICK LAUNCH bar. You can always copy it back later when you change styles.

LS

It should be in Z:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

where Z is your hard drive with XP on it and xxx could be ADMINISTRATOR, YOUR NAME, etc. There are several places to find it.

LS