Trying clean install windows xp F8 won't work

ibanez7

Hi !

I've been trying to clean install windows XP and am coming up with this problem. I clean boot with cd no problem but as soon as i get to "licence agreement press F8 to accept" nothing happens . I tried to use that key for other work an stuff and the function works. Any idea on what i'm doing wrong? :confused: I'm using the xp cd that came with the computer and follow everything on the set up, up to that point. Thanks a lot for any input.

is this a USB Keyboard.. it may need drivers that aren't installed yet to work... if it is usb and you have one of those connectors that take USB to PS/2 then use one of those and try again.

*CAUTION* always shutdown the computer completly when unplugging peripherals from your computer.

so shut down change keyboards and turn it back on.. don't want ya screwin up your mainboard because of this. ;)

First i'd like to thank you for replying to my problem. I'm a little confused as to how do i find out if it's a usb keyboard and to where and what kind of drivers i would need to get it to work? As for the connector that take USB to PS/2 can i get that at any computer store? Sorry if i'm green and totally dumb about all this stuff. Thanks again

from what i can tell the keyboard i'm using is easy internet keyboard by logitech and it's plugged into the keyboard port and it says that it's working properlly.As for the driver the driver provider is logitech , driver date 7/2/2002 and the version is 2.10.0.0. Should i update the driver?

hmm... drivers wouldn't help cause drivers aren't yet initialized when the "press F8 to agree" thing comes up... and if theres one for abort, does that key work. i think its F10... only thing i can think of is its keyboard problem, but you say it works fine in windows programs.. so i'm not to sure about this.

Thanks for answering back Biohazard. I went into troubleshooting the keyboard and all is fine. I also tried using the F8 function for other things ( function is SAVE ) and have no problem using it. I'll keep reading and chequing other posts and when i do get a fixx i'll post it back in here. If you think of anything for me to try please let me know. Again thanks for the info. B)

cool. I will definitely try that when i attempt it again next weekend and post back an let you know how it went. Thank you all for the info and I'll try a clean install Friday night and see how it goes. If anybody else has any other ideas till then please let me know and i'll try them all till i correct the problem. :)