Computer wont start

HarkIAmSuperman

I have been having problems with my computer, it wont start. When I turn it on everything seems to start up fine, the computer detects everything. But right before the login screen comes up a blue screen flashes and my computer automatically restarts. Its an endless cycle and i have no idea whats going on or how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

First try to boot into Safe Mode, if you can get in there you may have some luck.

I have a friend who recently had this very issue. It was a combination of a virus, and then a bad Ethernet card of all things.

Going on the information you provide it could be a number of things, from spyware/adware to a virus, even faulty hardware.

If you can provide more information it would be VERY useful.

In order to enter Safe mode hold the F8 Key on Os load.

Once in safe mode try to disable Automatic retarts on BSOD.

Mycomputer>Properties>Advanced>Startup and Recovery Settings>Untick automatic restart.

From there yoyu may get a Blue screen, it will give you error code that you can refernce on the MS knowlegde base website

Once you get it to boot give some further details as to what happens after that.

If you still cannot get it to boot after the safemode and automatic reboot disable.

Give us some details as to what may have happened right b4 this problems started to occur. Such as a Windows update, software install, hardware change, power outage etc

@Tarun - In regards to the Lan card casuign problems, belive it or not the lan card plays a large role in creating the randomly generated system ID Xp creates on system load.

When the system ID is not matched on os load It will either prompt you to reactivate, or will simply reboot casue the Hardware ID is so different.

|Drew|

@Tarun -  In regards to the Lan card casuign problems, belive it or not the lan card plays a large role in creating the randomly generated system ID Xp creates on system load.

When the system ID is not matched on os load It will either prompt you to reactivate, or will simply reboot casue the Hardware ID is so different.

It was confirmed as he had to take it back to the shop and get a replacement. When they returned it to him, he had two cards. Unfortunately I forget the manufacturer of the faulty card.

Right before this problem happened I started getting all sorts of spyware on my computer, it was rediculous. Also whenever my computer starts it beeps a few times. It does one of two things, it either does 3 short beeps, or 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps. I dont know what that means

1. use a boot up disk to scan for viruses.

2. is it a new computer?

3. are u running Windows XP w/ Service Pack 2?

4. do u use a antivirus software? do u hv a firewall software?

5. what is the make and model of your Computer?

6. how long ago was it purchased?

7. Please post your specs here.

8. Do you have a Windows XP CD?

Yes, I would agree to boot your computer in safe mode and see which services and programs are starting in your registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I think there's a virus problem, and doubt that adware or spyware has something to do with it.. This programs doesn't work that way..

Right before this problem happened I started getting all sorts of spyware on my computer, it was rediculous.  Also whenever my computer starts it beeps a few times.  It does one of two things, it either does 3 short beeps, or 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps.  I dont know what that means

different motherboards use different beep codes, but most times beeps indicate improper cpu clock, no cpu detected, or a memory problem

I suspect you have either a failing part, or an improperly set up system