2.0b2 - my suggestions

azagahl

Why not follow the instructions on that page to construct a new vmm32.vxd and use that as the primary distributable file?

Tarun, I think reconstruction of the vmm32 is a difficult and risky process. Is there an easy way to do it? I have to read information from registry, and INF technology cannot do this.

plonkeroo:

The VMM32.VXD came from a stable and dependable Windows ME computer. (Quiet to the hecklers on this, ME is stable if you're smart.) The use of the VMM32.VXD adds a slight amount of stability and overall system performance improvement to the system itself.

Gape:

Basically, as I'm sure you've read you know that VMM32.VXD consists of certain files depending on the OS.

Windows 98 uses:

• vcomm.vxd
  • vdmad.vxd
  • configmg.vxd
  • vdd.vxd
  • vmouse.vxd
  • ntkern.vxd
  • vflatd.vxd

Windows ME uses:

• vcomm.vxd
  • vdmad.vxd
  • configmg.vxd
  • vdd.vxd
  • vmouse.vxd
  • ntkern.vxd
  • ios.vxd
  • vflatd.vxd

Source thread

I pretty much followed the steps found here. Just go to Procedure, use the files listed above and you can construct one quite easily. Or, you can simply use the one linked above in the previous posting.

I've also asked one of my tech support friends to help construct a better, easier way to rebuld your VMM32.VXD file. :)

tarun i've ran that winpatcher and it doesen't do anything,no scanning it just shows me what vxds do exists n ones that don't and i click patch and it don't do a thing

azagahl is dead on. That is the default path for those CAB files, and it sounds to me as though you have a custom type install where the CAB files were placed in a different directory. When I do not do a custom install of Windows after formatting, the CAB files will be in C:\Windows\Options\Cabs\, however when I allow the process to be automatic, it installs my CAB files to C:\CABS\

It really varies depending on who made your computer (IE: Gateway, Dell, etc) even though it should be universal.

There are ways to change where the default CAB folder is without hurting your computer and it involves a little registry editing. :)

no1 made my computer i built it myself(i always build em with good parts not oem part garbage)what i did was copy the windows 98 files to the hard drive to eliminate the need if a program asks for the windows 98 cd rom

maybe thats why it dun do anything

no1 made my computer i built it myself(i always build em with good parts not oem part garbage)what i did was copy the windows 98 files to the hard drive to eliminate the need if a program asks for the windows 98 cd rom

maybe thats why it dun do anything

I'd be willing to put money on that. If you want try copying the CAB folder to the path mentioned above and then give it another shot. :)