recommendations please

misskellibad1

I just received an opportunity to enrol in a course.(I pay half)

I'm receiving alot of feedback from various sources on what I should take and why. Here are my choices, remember I only get one, so I'm counting on you guys to steer me in the right direction.

visual basic

C++-Java

Java Script

Asp-HTML

SQL Server 2000

Out of all that, I know some HTML left over from my high school days.

What do you think?

:)

Personally id do ASP, or C++ both are much sought after, nobody really wants java programmers these days. When i look on jobs sites theres always ASP and C++ people wanted in the san fran area, usually at least 20 ads on one site.

Depends on what you're interested in doing. If you enjoyed web designing with HTML, your next step would be Java Script, or ASP (but I prefer PHP to ASP :) )

If you like programming, and want to create software, then you would go with Visual Basic or C++, programming is extremely difficult though.

it is, much easier when you have a teacher tho. still hard mind you.

for the web as aaron said the two most popular upcoming coding languages now are ASP and PHP, both are very very powerfull and fast, and not too taxing on the brain either, if you know HTML then ASP or php is a natural progression.

It is a matter of how artistic you are really. I mean, are you creative or are you a mindless coder? The really good, high paid, much sought after programmers have a natural ability to see the end before they begin a project. Mindless coders simply poke at a keyboard and debug other programmer's work. Are you the type that prefers short projects where you see the results in a short period of time. Are you the type that just wants to put in 8 hours and get-out-of-town as fast as you can. Your heart has to be in the right place. Can you remember your dreams and code it the next morning.

Does your PC call to you in the middle of the night?

:)

Then we should date?! Why, because.....

a)we're of like mind?

or

b)opposites attract?

Whew, two come-on's in one day! What's a woman to do? :rolleyes:

Oh, and by the way, my computer does call to me in the middle of the night-Thank God it doesn't say "get out of the house"

Seriously though, I think I will take your advice. Thanks so much for the input. You guys are great. :)