[How To]: Nero 6.6.0.0 7zip

evilvoice

I hv a couple of question Evilvoice

one is using the method u describe, where are the temp files extracted to.

two what is in 7zSC.sfx

Using the 7z414b.exe

I am using the 7zipSFX.exe w/ this sample coding

SFX extration to location on hard drive

7zipSFX.exe -o%systemdrive%\temp\ -y

then using wpi or runonceex.cmd

Run Setup

%systemdrive%\temp\setup.exe /SN=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX /WRITE_SN /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT /NOLICENSE /NOCANCEL

Delete Temp Directory

then using QuickBatch Compiler to make a ghost cmd.

I hv this code

rmdir /s /q "%systemdrive%\temp

I wanted to change the icon so i follow your instructions up until

upx -9 -o7zSC.sfx 7zS.sfx

where can i find the upx???

uhm, upx.sourceforge.net I believe...also, my 7zSC.sfx already has the nero icon.

temp files are extracted to %temp% and deleted WHETHER OR NOT setup actually works or not...I noticed this with testing mp10, if setup gave an error and exited, 7zip removed ALL files that were extracted (kinda annoying if youre troubleshooting)...but as far as my instructions, setup will finish no problem...hey asta, I noticed you have Quick Batch File Converter, do you think you could turn the .cmd file into an exe? tho I guess it doesnt really matter either way since I dunno how much space it would add.

With my guide, you can cut out all those steps and just run the resulting exe file and everything else will be done for you.

• 3 weeks later...

@evilvoice: TNX for this guide :thumbup to be recommended

Just a confirmation.

It is normal that during the install (not UA) i've the 7z extration bar displayed and a DOS windows opened and closed about the end of the installation??

Cheers

coucou

the 7zip extraction box will always be there until the programmers figure out a way to hide it...and I thought I included the command to hide the cmd window with cmdow...but if you dont use that file, then yes, you will probably see the command window open. I dont really watch my computer when it is installing, as long as I dont have to press anything, its good for me...I use this method to save some space without taking anything out of nero to make it smaller.

EDIT: sorry I did not respond earlier, I did not see your post before...

@evilvoice:

the 7zip extraction box will always be there until the programmers figure out a way to hide it...and I thought I included the command to hide the cmd window with cmdow
I included the command in the cmd file but i do not include the cmdow file inside the nero.7zx archive because i've it in "c:\windows\system32 folder".

Should i include the cmdow file inside the nero.7zx archive too???

@Astalavista:

if u use quick batch file converter u dont see the cmd windows
do u mean if the cmd file is converted then the 7z extration bar displayed and a DOS windows opened and closed about the end of the installation will be hiden??

BTW, it is possible to open and mofify the converted (cmd to exe) file? or should i reopen the cmd file modify it and reconvert it?

Cheers

coucou