Can't copy qedit.dll on setup

I want to install an unattended XP SP1 but at the point where the setup is copying the files on the disk, right at the beginning it says it can't copy the file qedit.dll.

I don't know if this file is essentially for Windows o. other programms.

I only found a qedit.dl_ on the disk, but i can copy this file in windows.

I tried to install it with 3 Drives, all the same, can't copy this file.

Has someone a solution fore this prob or got the same problem?

thx

Harm

using modifyPE and makecab won't do anything, the file is already cabbed(?) since its in DL_ format, so that would be useless.

My personal guess, and I've said this to many people in my short time on this forum, but my guess is that the blank CD you used is a cheap piece of crap or is scratched up (which shouldn't be the case if you just burned it), and if you were using an RW, try running a full format of the disc and not one of the short 2 min. ones.

Have you tried re-burning your disc? Its possible you just had a bad CD in the bunch, it happens all the time. Another possibility is that maybe you burned the CD too fast, some CD-ROM drives have a problem reading discs if they were written at a fast speed.

I would try re-burning your unattended disc/normal disc slipstreamed and reburn it with a new disc at 2x. This could fix your problems, or it could not.

This has happened to me many times though, and the problem was usually caused by me using crappy media.

Hope this helps :thumbup

If not, let us know, there is always someone here to help :D