blank files (again)

I've posted this problem before but still have this problem.

I don't know what causes it but various files on my Win XP Unattended DVD appear to blank. Ie, when I move a file; eg *.dll into notepad to see if anything appears atleast ASCII, nothing does. I don't get it.

Integral files such as

WINNT32A.DLL

WINNT32U.DLL

WINNTBBA.DLL

Appear blank! Has ANYBODY had this problem before? I still don't understand what would cause it. I need help, or atleast a program or solution to find blank files! (Search doesn't seem to find these files for some odd reason)

Any help would be apperciated. This is the about the fifth time this type of problem has occured, the second topic I"ve created about it. :}

The file-size is not zero-bytes -- the file size is the actual file's size. (ie WINNT32U.DLL being 1.19 MB)

The reason why these blank files "annoy" me is because, if they are "blank" they thus create problems, ie, the installation doesn't work.

Suprised that wasn't obvious already. :blink:

I might try that, thanks for the suggestion.

I've replaced most the files now. The only things I can't find are the files that are for Office XP -- for some reason; my CD I copied the files from DOESN"T have those files. The mysteries never cease. :|

The funny thing is I still get excited each time I am so close to finishing this; yet disappointed when it doesn't boot. :unsure: