Photoshop 7 & RunOnceEx...

a06lp

I have a list of programs I install with RunOnceEx.

The problem is, that RunOnceEx doesn't wait for Photoshop7 installation to finish before ocntinuing to the next item on the list. I think the reason is that the "setup.exe" goes away (finishes) and calls the installer (???)

Anyway, the problem with this is that the entire process slows down because now I'm installing 2 programs at once (Photoshop7, and the next one on the list).

Does anyone know what to do about this?

FYI - I am using the ABCsy.ini method (setting everything to "NO").

let me think... mmmm.... still thinking..... aha! have u tried sleep.exe? or an easy way...

@echo off
cmdow @ /HID
PING -n 61 127.0.0.1>nul
exit

i use this to pause my installation and insert my second CD. save it as pause.cmd and call it just after the photoshop installation, this will pause for 61sec runonce but photoshop installation will be working on background. change value 61 to everything (in sec) so if installation takes more time a value 121 for example will be enough.

LOL

and i dont have an MSI.

the sleep idea could work, but thats a secondary thing, why doesnt it just work correctly?

last time i had this problem (diff prog) it WAS solved by using the MSI, but i dont think there is an msi for photoshop?

So, my Photoshop 7 uses the InstallShield installer. That probably means you need to install with the /r switch and go get the setup.iss file.

InstallShield also has an /sms switch which is supposed to pause the installer untill the installation is finished.

I'm trying to test it now and see if that works.

JBJones

do you have the same problem i have?

how do you solve it?

I don't use v7 anymore, but it should be the same. They're all using installshield. I just used the standard method for all installshield installers (-r then -s, optionnal -f1 and -f2 ...) and it's working perfectly.