HP Pavillion zx5000

Alanoll

Alright, I'm sick of dealing with HP support...they're idiots

Does anyone know what chipset the zx5000 notebook uses? and where to get the drivers for the chipset and the usb. I ask because I"m receiving a "Delayed Write Failed" and I'm led to believe it's a driver issue, since that's what I've narrowed it down to. The drive has no problems on the desktop, just the notebook. Any these were the ONLY drivers I couldn't get a hold of.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

As HP is well known for modifying drivers to suit them, it may be impossible for you to obtain new drivers which will cure your problem. All you can do is hope that you can get ahold of someone besides the flunkies that HP puts on the phones to answer your calls and get them to fix the issue and release a newer driver. Might I suggest you ask to speak to a level 1 tech and once you get one ask for their supervisor if they can't help you. Firing emails to their VP would also tend to get a few questions answered if that fails. Otherwise, IF at all possible, I suggest either not purchasing an HP or returning the one you have if still possible.