How to block adware infected by computer

koon3564

Hi ,

i'm new member and newbie in computer

yesterday , i install Ad Adware SE Personel

and use it for free

In scan result , they found 500 critital object at my com

so i clean it

today , when i scan 1 more time , they found 200 new critical object at my computer

my computer was installed with Norton Antivirus 2005 , but seems it cannot prevent adware infect my computer

Did you have any suggestion ( expect purchasing the Ad adware Se pro )

if u got good and great software please tell me wthat is the name of software

and where i can download it

thank you

Norton AV (well, most AVs that is) won't protect you one bit from adware and spyware (NAV's not really good for anything imho).

Some things to help stop adware/spyware:

-Ditch IE for a better browser (like Firefox :thumbup , or else Opera)

-Use the sun java vm, not microsoft's

-Don't visit shady sites...

-Consider maybe a hosts file or similar method of blocking bad IPs (or a filtering proxy or such)

-A good spyware scanner definately helps ad aware and spybot s&d aren't bad, but I find spysweeper works even better.

-If you're running XP, SP2 is definately a good idea (I like to slipstream it - not apply it on top of a existing windows install)

-Set your internet zone security to a sufficiently high level (or custom)

-A good AV never hurts either - like Kaspersky :angel

Now, if you PC was infected with that much junk, perhaps none of the spyware scanners will get rid of it all (and chances are you got some stuff that nav isn't seeing either - seen that way too many times before). When it gets that bad, what I usually do is reinstall clean and take those actions I mentionned. All my friends (and a few others) that came up to me like that (dozens...) don't have the problem anymore. It does take some changes, but then you're good to go. They really tired of that never ending problem it was before.

It's your choice now to do some chances - or keep putting up with this forever :lol:

if you can, go for firefox, the easiest way to knock out 90% of the junk out there IMO.

Ditch NAV, don't waste your time with that sucky app. Personally I'd reccomend Zonealarm Security Suite (have used) or BitDefender Pro Plus (current favorite).

With Internet Explorer you can customize your security settings and disable activeX and Java scripting, but this can cause alot of good website to not fundtion.

Also using XP SP2 can help alot, and ditto the slipstream advice.

@koon3564

As long as you're connected to the Internet, you'd get your computer infected (not a good expression, though) with adwares.

As for me, upgrading to XPSP2 plus having Ad-Adware are both quite enough.

However, NAV is an AntiVirus application.

The scanner do not block the crap from getting in they only check for and delete it after you are infected...

I stop the crap at the source,,

I block the stuff at the front door with my bouncers...

I use

Spyware blaster

popupcop

adshield <-- with a ad server list not the list you find on the net those block all the wrong stuff...

and IESPY list

turn off install on demand in the Internet explorer advanced option two settings..

I use the adware scanners just to run checks or clean up a infected computer

then I install my blockers...

One big issue with the scanners is be carefull they detect and want to remove the blocker stuff...

I have been using this setup up for years and I fell good when I sleep at night...

I have said this many times and most people get p***ed at my setup... cause they want to go to the sites that are on the block list...

also keeping out those bloody crap-o ads takes care of the rest of the crap...

Also be care at what scanners you use they install there own spyware and adware... then tell you that you are clean..

the only three scanners that I use is ad-aware , pest patrol corp, tauscan..

Mac!

The scanner do not block the crap from getting in they only check for and delete it after you are infected...

Ad-aware 6 Pro is shipped with Ad-watch, which is a detective and preventive tool.

OH yes both programs do have scanners but the problem is when you run the scanners in automatic they find the blockers and want to delete the blocking stuff..

same with pestpatrol tooo....

I run the scanner by hand and look to see what they want tp delete

if it is a blocker entries I skip it...

pestpatrol has a very good links to click on to check entries....

if you use the blockers you don't need to have the scanner running all the time.. waste of CPU power..

The big thing is to keep the blockers updated

block the ad server sites...

Honestly I don't use any of those blockers, nor do I bother about a filtering proxy anymore. The only thing I still do is have a small hosts file to block a couple ads (my 1.5mb hosts file i had made gave me some issues :lol: ) - just a few manual entries.

Ever since I use firefox (along with sun jvm, and I don't install junk software) , I hardly ever get anything other than cookies when i scan. IE is the biggest issue, followed by the microsoft jvm. That will get rid of 99% of the issues by itself.