Counterstrike Source.

Rtano

Well, where (which site) did you notice that a new CS version has come out?

That's where more info about it has to be present as well. :wacko:

But what do you mean by the title - "CounterStrike Source" ?

Has its source-code been opened out, by any chance? :lol:

I'm not sure if they are going to keep version 1.6 on after the source if officially out as not every one has got speedy pc's to run the source as its base on the half life 2 engine

Also i heard they are selling halflife bundle packs now with the source and half life source ( Halflife 1 but in cs/halflife 2 source graphics )

my pc aint fast and i play cs:s and kill people with better machines than me.

i only have an xp1800 ,512mb pc2100 and a radeon 8500 64mb.

been playing at 1024x768 with most the settings on medium like the game suggests for my hardware.

you know im talking about counter strike : source?

not Counter strike 1.6.

My PC specfications are almost bottom of the barrel when it comes to the HL2 minimum specifications.

if i remember right the minimum specs for HL2 are

1.5ghz CPU

256MB of memory

DX7.0 video card

Recomended I think is.

2.6ghz CPU

512MB of memory

256MB DX9.0 video card.

the game apears to be more CPU limited than GFX limited though.

even if i put all the video settings to LOW i still get the same Frames Per Second.

ranging from 20-60 depending on the map

DE_aztec seems to be the most demanding map im often down to 22-25FPS in gun fights on that map.

most of the time my FPS stays above 40 when im running around and drops to around 35 in gun fights like on DE_cbble even in the wide open areas on that map.

i think aztec is low FPS for me because it has quite alot of phsyics objects on that map like the oil barrels

Also i heard they are selling halflife bundle packs now with the source and half life source ( Halflife 1 but in cs/halflife 2 source graphics )

They are you can pre purchase HalfLife 2 on steam and get access to Counter strike : Source right away

They have been doing that for almost a week now

System Specs for game

What will the system requirements be for Counter-Strike: Source?

Minimum:

º 1.2 GHz Processor

º 256MB RAM

º DirectX 7 graphics card

º Windows 2000/XP/ME/98

º Mouse

º Keyboard

Preferred:

º 2.4 GHz Processor

º 512MB RAM

º DirectX 9 graphics card

º Windows 2000/XP

My current system I'm running on....

3.0 GHz P4 HT

512 RAM

ATI 9600 MOBILITY 128MB

Runs pretty smooth. Unless for some god awful reason there are 12 grenades that go off at the exact same time in my viewing range. lol.

Best place for the facts is the Steam site...

CS:Source is essentially just 1.6 ported to the 'Source' engine (you'll notice Half Life 1 'Source' is also available - which could be interesting :)) As it stands, I don't think it's anything like as playable as 1.6 (IMO) but give it time...)

It's true, therefore, that while you might be happily running 1.6 at 100fps with your GeForce4, don't expect the same performance from Source, as it puts far more pressure on CPU and video card!

This is a separate thing from the proposed 'Counter-Strike 2' which I believe will be a complete remake and release sometime in 2005...according to rumours... :rolleyes: