Obscure XP video driver question.

BradBo

I need some help understanding video driver use by XP.

I am starting to do Digital Video capture using my camera and a Haupagge capture card.

I also use various capture and edit software.

I have lost the use of my Haupagge TV mode because I downloaded a new video/audio driver.

ConexantBtPCI WDM audio/video driver.It works better than the Haupagge driver.I redownloaded and installed the Haupagge driver but it didnt work or install or if it did I dont recognize it.

Now I cant figure out how to change back and forth so I can do a good job of capturing then use my TV tuner.

Can someone explane what a Legacy video/audio driver is also what a video/audio codec is?

I know this is a big question and if its too big can someone direct me to a resorce that might help?

Legacy video/audio driver is just that, your video and audio driver. The codec is something you need to view movie files. Windows Media Player has a codec for it but it still cant view certain types. Find out which one it needs and just download that one. Usually, when you try to view something and it can't load it, it'll tell you what you need.

Did any of this make sense??? not enuff sleepppppp......

also, try Nimo's Codec pack out, it adds most popular codecs, when you install it, make sure you select "full install" not basic.

that might just cure it :)

WARNING !!!

There is an INCOMPATIBILITY with the "TFM Audio Filter v1.0 beta 7" and the Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher 0.95, DO NOT Install them together, chose one of them only if needed

Do not chose the G400 Filter if you do not have G400 graphic cards

Do not install the Bicubic Resizer Filter id you do not have any problem about video upside-down.