Windows XP SP 2 taking too long to start.

ectavares

Hi !

I've made an unattended installation of windows xp with SP2.Everything works just fine except that when I start windows it takes at least 3 minutes to load complete.

It shows the welcome screen and it freezes there for a couple of minutes then it changes to a blue screen where it stays for more a minute and a half.

What should I do?is it normal? :}

I've run bootvis and I set it to trace next boot and drivers.How do I analyze the graphics I have here?

Do You guys have msn messenger that We could talk?

:rolleyes:

I had the same problem so i did a repair install and it cleaned up some. So I ran bootvis and found mrxsmb was taking up to 3 minutes to load. I removed my networking and NIC and reinstalled them and it went away. do a search on google for "mrxsmb long delay in XP Pro" also unchecking File and Print Sharing helped before the total repair.

This is practicly the same thing, just the otherway around, im having a long wait while trying to shutdown.

I press shutdown and windows closes one program in my taskbar (ATi-icon, next to the clock) and then it just sits there for a minute and then continues the shutdown as if nothing had happened.

I cant start any program at that point, says windows is shutting down.

Is there anyway to log the shutdown procedure, like what processes and services are ended etc?

Hi!

Yes DMikeN, this is the file that is taking to long to be loaded.How can I resolve this problem?

If you could give me the steps to do this.(step by step plz).

thank you all again.

Uncheck File and Print sharing in your network connection properties and it will speed up. But like I said to cure it I had to completly remove my NIC and the Networking Components. Reboot then reinstall the network from scratch.

This file will also cause the system to hang at shutdown as well.

Step by step was

Disable File & Print Sharing

Set TCPIP to DHCP

Disable Network Connection

Remove NIC from Device manager

Go to Add remove Windows Components Uncheck Networking Services.

Reboot.

System will reinstall NIC

Go back to Add Remove Components Place Check in Networking Services.

Reboot

Check for delay.

Mine was gone at this point.

36 second Boot up now.