BootSkin Skin Install from RunOnceEx...?

Powerhouse

Okay changed around this as well....should pause till the app's executable is where its suppose to be.

And it is looking for a *.bootskin file in a folder called Skin....for the default file

@WorkingDir & "\Skin\*.bootskin"

Okay I got a little over zealous and deleted all the prior scripts to try and limit people from grabbing old scripts..well managed to delete the latest windowblinds one as well which some how I managed to also not save off locally. :(

Any ways this is a attempted to get things back where they where publically plus hopefully solve the issue with skins and themes not getting applied....this app also now checks to make sure every thing is in place before trying to launching any executable.

It also hunts for a wba file in a Skin folder in the same folder as the script to use as the default.

The code here hasn't been tested at all...but ideally it should work fine....key word is "should" ;)

Really explorer and the registry are at the time of RunOnce loaded up well enough to handle this stuff....but I'm running out of idea's on how to fix stuff up. Well try them out and let me know how things go...and we'll go from there.

****, lots of testing... :)

Ok, here is what I found. Changing WinWaitDelay to 1000 (instead of 250) makes a big impact on how the scripts run. Currently, sometimes the scripts run to fast, and if you dont have a fast PC, it wont be able to keep up.

1. IconPackager: I believe you have a different version than I do. I am using 250h, so when you try to install the skin, it's looking for something different. So unless I can get your version, or I send you mine, wont be able to work on this. I believe the 250h is the newest version out.

2. BootSkin: Looks good, am going to test it Unattended and will let you know.

Update:

Just did another unattended and BootSkin again stalls at the first "Next" screen. Once you click Next the script continues. Then, the part about installing the Skin, never comes (Skin isn't copied over, and the default Skin is used).

3. WindowBlinds: Here is the old version that works...

WindowBlinds_440.au3

Okay retweaked WindowBlinds script...default skin is a *.wba file in the skin folder next to the script. The archive is the last thing done in the script so any skins in it will not be able to be used by the script.

I think I may have an answer for BootSkin issue with the first window....give me a bit to code it up.

IconPackager....well its searching for the three main formats the packages are in...and I think the only diff between the versions we are running is that you see the lic screen where I don't for some odd reason...other wise they should be the same and look for the same formats.

Sorry for the delay, was working on some other projects the last few days. So without further delay, here are the updates on the new scripts...

1. They all seem to work fine from within Windows. Yet when doing an unattended install, none of them (meaning CursorXP, IconPackager, BootSkin, or WindowBlinds) is able to load the skin I have listed.

So what I was able to get out of the brief install screens during RunOnceEx...

CursorXP complained about not being able to find Themes\"themename".

IconPackager didn't list any problem, yet the skin I wanted loaded wasn't.

BootSkin didn't load the correct skin (and the skin I wanted again wasn't installed).

WindowBlinds seemed to load correctly, and tried to install the Skin, yet the skin wasn't found.

When I mean the skin's weren't loaded, I mean they aren't even listed under the tools - shell folder under Program Files.

I'm thinking there is a problem with the following part of the .au3 file..

$search = FileFindFirstFile ( @WorkingDir & "\Skin\*.bootskin" )

If $search <> -1 Then

Do

Sleep ( 500 )

$File = FileExists( $DL_1 & "\BootSkin.exe" )

Until $File = 1

Also, I believe there needs to be a delay at the end of each script, to enable it to finish processing, before the next script begins. I'll add a 7 second delay at the end of each script and see if that helps.

Ok, just tested the delays, they didn't help.

So Im looking at the script, and it occurs to me, that maybe this is the problem (This is an example from CursorXP)...

If FileExists (@WorkingDir & "\Themes") Then

DirCopy (@WorkingDir & "\Themes", $DL_1 & "\Themes", 1)

I don't think the *.CurXPTheme file is being copied over.

hmm this will really suck if this is correct but give it a shot.

Do a find and replace all of "@WorkingDir" with "@ScriptDir".....if that does do the trick then I got a s*** load of scripts to correct. :(

Tho its better to have them working than broken.

Well its good it worked because I was really out of idea's of what to do next to try and fix things.

Yeah it blows that I have to fix the scripts...but not nearly as badly as it would should several thousands of people be using my scripts...as is very few are.

Plus the amount of scripts to fix now is far less than what it would be a few weeks down the road...so better now than later. :)

Ok, how about helping out with a quick script. I'm trying to arange Start\Programs and am using the following script...

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Defaults

Opt ("CaretCoordMode", 1) ;1=absolute, 0=relative

Opt ("ExpandEnvStrings", 0) ;0=don"t expand, 1=do expand

Opt ("MouseClickDelay", 10) ;10 milliseconds

Opt ("MouseClickDownDelay", 10) ;10 milliseconds

Opt ("MouseClickDragDelay", 250) ;250 milliseconds

Opt ("MouseCoordMode", 0) ;1=absolute, 0=relative

Opt ("MustDeclareVars", 0) ;0=no, 1=require pre-declare

Opt ("PixelCoordMode", 1) ;1=absolute, 0=relative

Opt ("RunErrorsFatal", 1) ;1=fatal, 0=silent set @error

Opt ("SendAttachMode", 0) ;0=don"t attach, 1=do attach

Opt ("SendCapslockMode", 1) ;1=store and restore, 0=don"t

Opt ("SendKeyDelay", 1) ;5 milliseconds

Opt ("SendKeyDownDelay", 2) ;1 millisecond

Opt ("TrayIconDebug", 1) ;0=no info, 1=debug line info

Opt ("TrayIconHide", 0) ;0=show, 1=hide tray icon

Opt ("WinDetectHiddenText", 0) ;0=don"t detect, 1=do detect

Opt ("WinSearchChildren", 1) ;0=no, 1=search children also

Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 3) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=...

Opt ("WinWaitDelay", 250) ;250 milliseconds

; Script Start

; Create Directorys if Non-Existant

If FileExists ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Utilities" ) = 0 Then DirCreate ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Utilities" )

If FileExists ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Audio and Video" ) = 0 Then DirCreate ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Audio and Video" )

; Move Directories

DirMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\WinZip", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Utilities\WinZip", 1 )

DirMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\WinRAR", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Utilities\WinRAR", 1 )

DirMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Registry First Aid", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Utilities\Registry First Aid", 1 )

DirMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Smart Projects\IsoBuster", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Utilities\IsoBuster", 1 )

DirMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Lavasoft Ad-aware 6", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Utilities\Lavasoft Ad-aware 6", 1 )

DirMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\SpywareBlaster", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Utilities\SpywareBlaster", 1 )

DirMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Real Alternative", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Audio and Video\Real Alternative", 1 )

DirMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\QuickTime", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Audio and Video\QuickTime", 1 )

DirMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\CyberLink PowerDVD", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Audio and Video\CyberLink PowerDVD", 1 )

DirMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Winamp", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Audio and Video\Winamp", 1 )

; Move Files

FileMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "Executive Software Diskeeper.lnk", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Utilities\Executive Software Diskeeper.lnk", 1 )

FileMove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "UltraMon.lnk", @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Tools - Utilities\UltraMon.lnk", 1 )

; Delete Old Directory

DirRemove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\WinRAR", 1 )

DirRemove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Registry First Aid", 1 )

DirRemove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Smart Projects", 1 )

DirRemove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Lavasoft Ad-aware 6", 1 )

DirRemove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\SpywareBlaster", 1 )

DirRemove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Real Alternative", 1 )

DirRemove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\QuickTime", 1 )

DirRemove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\CyberLink PowerDVD", 1 )

DirRemove ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "\Winamp", 1 )

; Delete Shortcuts

;FileDelete ( @ProgramsCommonDir & "MSN.lnk", 1 )

Exit

; EOF

Couple of problems....

1. The Winamp and Lavasoft Ad-aware 6 folders wont move.

2. I can't get the UltraMon or Executive Software Diskeeper links to move.

3. I also can't delete the MSN.lnk.

I'm probably doing something wrong, so could use some help.

You sure they are in @ProgramsCommonDir and not @ProgramsDir or heck they could be in both....so while you may move the allusers folder...you may not be moving the active user folder....or in some case's trying to move some thing thats some where else ie alluser vs user