BootSkin Skin Install from RunOnceEx...?

Powerhouse

Would just like to say thanks for working with me on these scripts, and I hope you get well soon. My only advice, take ColdEeze.....reduces the duration and severity of colds big time.

I have a question on the CursorXP script you did as well on a previous post, but lets finish the WindowBlinds, and BootSkin problems first... :D

Well is it hung or sleeping....it has a 4 second sleep after hopefully finding the skin.

Basically whats suppose to happen when you get to that screen...is that it opens the "find" dialog....enters the name of the skin, hits {ENTER} performs the search....which 'should' come up good if the name is entered correctly....then it applys the skin and goes into a 4 second sleep in hope of being enough time for the skin to fully apply before closing the window...and moving on to doing other things.

So if its sitting for more than 4 seconds...its hung...if its only for 4 seconds then thats working as it should....now if the skin doesn't apply correctly then the sleep time will need to be increased.

doh! reread what you posted...frigging cold.....okay I'll look into the code there...it shouldn't be hanging on that dialog at all. :(

Okay try the attached code

Hehehehe, no problem, your on the right track. It does Hang (well after 4 seconds).

I guess the steps appear to be the following...

1. Click Find another Skin.

2. Enter Skin name.

3. Click Enter.

4. Click Apply this skin now.

5. Wait 4 seconds for skin to load.

It's hanging at the Find another Skin part.

I'm testing your new script now....

[update]

Nope, new script above still hangs at the Find another Skin section. If I click find another skin, it will continue on with the script (all they way through to step 5), but the Skin doesn't load. Its as if, the Apply this skin now button wasn't clicked.

Okay...well I see my code is some what flawed any ways...well for testing any ways....since I'm seeing the times shift on the window...which of course depend on the font and font size used.

So have to try and make it more fool proof....blah

Ok, now your really close, it still hangs at the Find Skin Screen. However, if I click the Find Another Skin button, the script continues to run, and the skin is installed without a problem. So just need to figure out why it hangs at the Find Skin Screen...

Still stuck as listed above. Not sure why it wont select the "Find another skin" button. Especially when the whole rest of the script works fine. Maybe you need a pause in there somewhere.

Are you sure it's button 18, maybe that is the problem?