RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

gotcha, for a second there I thought you might have figured out how to make your own. lol.

Cudo's on the pack though. Excellent use of sysoc.inf to have everything install. Or perhaps I should stop there to not give away your secrets.... :P

gotcha, for a second there I thought you might have figured out how to make your own. lol.

Cudo's on the pack though. Excellent use of sysoc.inf to have everything install. Or perhaps I should stop there to not give away your secrets.... :P

;). Actually, I don't mind people knowing at all (because it means less work for me if people want to make their own versions)

Actually, we're looking into how to make our own cat files. evilvoice came across references to a program called makecat, but he can't actually find it for download anywhere.

Update: Here's a suggestion: could you change the file naming so that they all comform to the 8.3 filename format? Some of us still copy all XP files to the hard disk in DOS, and I don't think this will work with long file names.

On another note (by the way, thanks for doing this), I would have placed the Remote Desktop Client update in the Lite version, since it is an update to an existing windows component (which nearly everything in the Lite package looks to be). If I wanted all the extra doo-dads, I can download the Full version, but the Lite version should be devoted to patching existing components.

Just my 2 cents, and thanks again.

JP

FYI: The link to the full file is actually the wrong URL (it points to the Lite file).  Copy the location and replace Lite with Full and you will get the correct file.
You're the third person in the thread to point that out :rolleyes:. I fixed it already and re-uploaded.
On another note (by the way, thanks for doing this), I would have placed the Remote Desktop Client update in the Lite version, since it is an update to an existing windows component (which nearly everything in the Lite package looks to be).  If I wanted all the extra doo-dads, I can download the Full version, but the Lite version should be devoted to patching existing components.
The main idea behind the Lite pack was for languages other than English. If it can be confirmed that 5.2.3790 is language independent, I'll move it to the Lite pack.

Update: Here's a suggestion: could you change the file naming so that they all comform to the 8.3 filename format?  Some of us still copy all XP files to the hard disk in DOS, and I don't think this will work with long file names.

Maybe

Superb piece of work Ryan!  Thanks much for all the time I'm going save.  The more I save better  :thumbup

Time and space :D

Also, to whomever just PMed me about AutoIT, I accidentally hit the delete button instead of reply (whose idea was it to put those two similar looking buttons right next to each other anyway? :P). Please PM me again.

@RyanVM

Most definitely a excellent piece of work. Working on integrating it now into my installs. You get to Cleveland, I owe ya a beer.

I think I may take a peak in here and see what magic you have done. Also I may have makecat on one of my MSDN disks. I'll take a look.

Oh, I forgot to mention something on the site (I'll update that in a sec). If you're using this with nLite, be sure to uncheck "nLite Post Setup Cleanup" to avoid some potential RunOnceEx issues. I've been reassured by nuhi that it does very little (if anything) at this point, anyway.

EDIT: Site's updated.

I have three question Ryan sorry:

1. SFC_OS is modified like in we learned in this forum? if yes where is SFCSetting entry?

2. I can't find MSXML 5.0 . where can i download?

3. All files are makecabbed normally?

thanks