one gig ddr mem registered

parts i have

Mylex eXtremeRAID 1100

18.2GB SCSI 10K RPMx4

quadro2

dvd-rw

cd-rw

if anyone has mainboard idea's please post

The nF3-based MoBo above would positively be the best.

(off-topic : why the Athlon-FX + registered mem, when an Athlon64 and normal RAM will do just fine... Moreover, since Athlon64 will be cheaper, you get the freedom to spend more on better speed/quality RAM, and higher-speed processor)

was not that fond of the Athlon64 figured i do something out side the norm. this will be my frist amd rig just wanted it to be diffrent

like i said if any one else has any other idea's please post

and thanks prathapml i will look into the athl64 see whaty i can find out about it

Yes, you could as well get an Athlon 64 FX-53 for Socket 939, w/ an nForce3-250 (look here: its 250, not 150) and unbuffered 1GB of RAM.

It would be more positive, more overclockable, and after all cost you lesser since registered RAM is more expensive (nearly twice).

And anyway S940 is dying, the way to go is S939. Point is: Suppose you have a problem with your system after 2-3 years of use, it would be easier to find a friend w/ an S939 CPU to swap it with yours.

heres the final specs

Athlon 64 FX-53

1 GB (2 pcs 512) DDR (500) PC-4000 Corsair XMS (TWINX1024-4000PT) $246.00

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Audio/GB-LAN/USB/IEEE/SATA/DDR-400/ATX 64 (939) $145.00 http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mai...ail.php?UID=607

Zalman CNPS7000-CU Copper CPU Fan For Intel 478Pin & AMD 64 (Socket754/939/940)

i have read that the fx64cpu's ru unlocked is that just the oem versins or the retail ones too.any input is welcome

Edited by Famer

You've made a nice combination.

All the Athlon 64s are downward unlocked. That means its easy to UNDERclock them. Of course that's necessary for the Cool 'n' Quiet technology.

All the Athlon 64 FX's are upward unlocked also. That's the benefit of paying more than twice for a 10% performance increase over a 3800+.

Yes, but buying the first generation of anything would be not my first choice. They're either problematic (although we have seen that Intel's PCI Express chipsets weren't problematic, except for the server-oriented Lindenhurst). And anyway today it is harder to overclock a PCIe board, since they are not as advanced as to have working PCIe speed locks.

And anyway with SiS, VIA, nVidia and ATi all releasing PCIe chipsets for A64, it will be a very tough competition indeed. I'd suggest you to wait for the 2nd generation of these chipsets.

After all, nForce3 150 was quite a flop, but nForce3 250 boomed out. Just wait for the refinements. I personally think it will be paper launch on 19th Oct. It would take time for these products to get out in the market.