Windows 2003 In/Compatibility

XVampireX

Hi, im new here.

I just want to ask if there are any programs that can make Programs/Games think you're running windows xp? Im currently having hard time running a game demo, which is supposedly not supported with Windows 2003.

Im running Windows 2003 server as a workstation (taken from the msfn guide). I have all the latest drivers. The game is Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, and its the demo of it which was released yesterday (1st october).

I remember seeing some program in that fashion, maybe someone would like to remind me the name? Or give me some passage way to look for? :D

Thanks.

Games and WS2k3 never gelled together well. They were okay for other things, but they do have certain points of focus..... WinXP+SP2 is the best platoform for this currently.

Well, if you do want to run this - try VMware and install XP within it. But then, the emulated hardware may not be enough! :(

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, im new here.

I just want to ask if there are any programs that can make Programs/Games think you're running windows xp? Im currently having hard time running a game demo, which is supposedly not supported with Windows 2003.

Im running Windows 2003 server as a workstation (taken from the msfn guide). I have all the latest drivers. The game is Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, and its the demo of it which was released yesterday (1st october).

Got the demo a few days back. Runs fine on my PC (2003 Professional).

Did you enable Hardware Acceleration?

I'm bumping to see if there's any answer to this as well.

I've had 2003 installed for a year or so now and i haven't had any problem with any games until recently, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Underground 2 literally tells me it can't install unless it's any windows OS except for 2003. Compatability mode dosen't work.

post-35-1098642394_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I had problems installing Vampire - Bloodlines on my Win2k3 server as well. Worked around it though by installing it on my Win2k machine instead, exporting the registry info, copying the game over to my win2k3 machine, importing the registry info :thumbup

I've also seen some apps/games look in the registry, for the windows version/build. And if it finds a version number of the svr2k3, it declines to install. So you can try changing version temporarily to install and run that app alone. (I don't remember which key it is, as of now)