Unattended Help

Hello all I tried and have read alot of post on this forum before posting a question.

So here it is my first problem is getting applications to install. I have mostly copied and paste code from the application switch's forum and from the pdf file downloaded from unattended.msfn.org.pdf. But I still have problems installing applications. Only windows media player 10 works So I know I have the paths correct.

I cant even get Adobe acrobat reader to install and I copied and paste that correctly from the pdf. Also when setup gets to the part where it begins to install applications the dialog box looks like a windows 98 box but not like the xp theme box shown in the pdf file from mfsn.org is there a way to fix this.

Second question is the autologon user accounts I can not get them to show up after the installation finishes. My account logs on as "Owner" and thats it. well I have posted my unattended.txt file and also my RunOnceEX.txt file. I am using the RunOnceEX method because for now It seems easier for me to deal with.

Any Help Greatly Appreciated

[RunOnceEX.cmd]

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications"/f

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu.exe-P"-s/v\"/qn\""

REG ADD %KEY%\002 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 10" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\002 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:\"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\003 /VE /D "TweakUI Powertoy" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\003 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Powertoys\TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /VE /D "WinRAR 3.20" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\004 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\WinRAR\WinRAR320.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Nero Burning ROM 6" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Applications\Nero\register.reg" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Nero\nero60019.exe/silent/noreboot" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "FireFox 1.00" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\FireFox\Firefox Setup 1.0PR.exe /qb"

REG ADD %KEY%\007 /VE /D "Dreamweaver Mx" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\007 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %sytemdrive%\Applications\Dreamweaver.MX.Final\register.reg" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\007 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Dreamweaver.MX.Final\Dreamweaver MX Installer.exe -s"

REG ADD %KEY%\008 /VE /D "Office 2003" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\008 / V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office2003\TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-"

EXIT

[Unattend.txt(winnt.sif)]

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
   AutoPartition=1
   MsDosInitiated="0"
   UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   OemPreinstall=Yes
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   AutoActivate = Yes
   UnattendSwitch="yes"
   WaitForReboot="No"

[GuiUnattended]
   AdminPassword=*******
   EncryptedAdminPassword=Yes
   OEMSkipRegional=1
   TimeZone=85
   OemSkipWelcome=1

[UserData]
   ProductID=********
   FullName="******"
   OrgName="HomeUser"
   ComputerName=*

[Display]
   BitsPerPel=32
   Xresolution=1024
   YResolution=768
   Vrefresh=75

[TapiLocation]
   CountryCode=1
   Dialing=Tone
   AreaCode=*****
   LongDistanceAccess="1"

[Identification]
   JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
   InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]
msmsgs=off
msnexplr=off
freecell=off
hearts=off
minesweeper=off
pinball=off
solitaire=off
spider=off
zonegames=off

[AutoLogOn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DefaultUserName"="Tom"
"DefaultPassword"="******"
"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

hope someone can help applications install is the most importan

Welcome.

Some tips?

1. Next time you post some code, press code button, insert code, then press code button again to close it.

2. Insert spaces between executables and switches. As with nero entry?

3. Ensure that you have a batch file and a reg file for your logon creation. ( check the unattended guide ).

Hope this helps you along. :)

Hey MHz thanx for the reply I was so tired from reading the pdf I could not figure out how the code button worked I tried as you can see in my post I forgot to add the /close tag at the end I wondered how everyone did it.

Well here is my latest succes I got my user accounts created with out the use of the autologon feature I used the oobe method problem was I did not know you were supposed to put the oobe.ini file inside of a "oobe" folder in side the $$ sytstem32 folder so accounts out of the way.

Second instead of using the RunOnceEX reg add. I made a file called start.cmd and I installed nero and winrar successfully yeah!!!! using code like this

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM v60019
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Nero\nero60019.exe /silent /noreboot

but other applications were not able to install like acrobat read have to recheck my file cause I had a late boost of energy and finished like around 2:am

If I use the format

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Nero Burning ROM v60019
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Nero\nero60019.exe /silent /noreboot

how do i get the nice little dialog box like when I use "RunOnceEX" or can I use the same code format inside of a "RunOnceEX" because I am thinking if I am going to use "RunOnceEX" I would have to have the code like

REG ADD etc

I guess one more question if anyone knows how to add your own image for the user account if you are using the oobe method posted in these forms

thanx for your help will try to clean up that code in the "RunOnceEX" I think my switches are wrong on some applications I will try again almost there

Nicer posting now jada855. ;)

Your themes are not applied until your first logon. So you will get that classic look during runonceex.

With AdobeReader, I extracted the files and run the msi directly.

You can search the forum for double checking your switches. Take note of the sticky threads and also the application switches forum.

:P

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu.exe-P"-s/v\"/qn\""

should be

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu.exe-P\"-s/v\"/qn\"\""

REG ADD %KEY%\003 /VE /D "TweakUI Powertoy" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\003 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Powertoys\TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe /qn" /f

Won't work. Period. Read the unattended site. If the file you have here is from the MICROSOFT site, it won't work. The other powertoys will, but this one is different. Download the MSI file that's in the guide, and use it.

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Applications\Nero\register.reg" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Nero\nero60019.exe/silent/noreboot" /f

should be

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Nero\nero60019.exe /silent /noreboot" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "FireFox 1.00" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\FireFox\Firefox Setup 1.0PR.exe /qb"

Wrong swtich, and no spaces in the name. Read : http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=26240

REG ADD %KEY%\008 / V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office2003\TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-"

COuld have sworn you actually have to call SETUP. lol

should be

REG ADD %KEY%\008 / V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\Office2003\SETUP.EXE TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-"

As another note. Unattend.txt should be in I386 called winnt.sif , RunOnceex.txt should be runonceex.cmd and called through CMDLINES.TXT

[COMMANDS]
".\RunOnceEX.cmd"

Save CMDLINES.TXT in $OEM$ , and also put Runonceex.cmd in there as well.

The Start /wait method will bring up a black dos box. You can change the size and color of the dos box, but that's about it. You won't be able to get it to look like the RunOnceEX window simply because that window is created by ierunonce.dll.

Hey all I just wanted to say I stumbled uppon this website via google looking for something totally different. Since last thursday when i began reading the PDF guide to install an unattended windows xo cd, I was completly lost after pounding away reading until the late hours of the night and with the great help from you guys here.

Yesterday I finally managed a succesfull unattended cd. and to Alanoll my problem with office 2003 was I had to make and admin point to install it silently and thanx for the corrections in my RunOnceEX file really got the ball rolling for me. You guys have no idea how many times I re-install windows and this saves me so much time that is why I was so determined to get this done.

I learned so much from these boards over the past 4 days its incredible. So I just wanted to say thanx and as of right now I am creating my ultimate unnatended cd it might have took 4 to 5 dayz to get it but its totally worth it.

PS. I do have a life lol! :D