Firefox Extensions

Diabolical82

Can anyone get the -install-global-extension command line arg working in FF 1.0?  Doesn't seem to be working.  Only way I can get it to work is by drag n drop.  I've read the other threads, and prefer this method.

you're not using updated extensions, that's why they aren't installed on ff 1.0 ;)

-install-global-profile works perfect for me, i'm just working on a review of my guide using this method.

you're not using updated extensions, that's why they aren't installed on ff 1.0 ;)

-install-global-profile works perfect for me, i'm just working on a review of my guide using this method.

That's not the problem. I don't have any problems with a drag and drop. The only extension that didn't work with 1.0, I removed.

Do you have a profile created before you run the command? Thats the only thing I can come up with.

Also wanted to mention that it brings up the import wizard when running the command.

Seems the problem isn't with extensions, but plugins packed in xpi files. I guess the only way for me to add these is to use the firefox setup, and include my extension xpi files. Still don't see why it doesn't have a command line to install plugins.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Okay then....

Let's forget the FOR loops and do it the normal way:

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /v 2 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %DVDROM%\Applications\Firefox\xpi\file1-name.xpi" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /v 3 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %DVDROM%\Applications\Firefox\xpi\file2-name.xpi" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /v 4 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %DVDROM%\Applications\Firefox\xpi\file3-name.xpi" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /v 5 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %DVDROM%\Applications\Firefox\xpi\file4-name.xpi" /f

It will still be fast enough. Just that it will take a few seconds more to type it in for all of the plug-ins.  (and note that in the above example, the .XPI's should be renamed if they have spaces in the filename)

I've tried to install Firefox extensions this way, but it won't work :(

Is it a syntax error or something different altogether?

Here is a part from my RunOnceEx.cmd:

REG ADD %KEY%\070 /VE /D "Firefox" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\070 /V 1 /D "%PP%\FF\FF.exe -ms" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\071 /VE /D "Firefox Extensions" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 1 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\1.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 2 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\2.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 3 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\3.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 4 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\4.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 5 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\5.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 6 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\6.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 7 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\7.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 8 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\8.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 9 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\9.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 10 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\10.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 11 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\11.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 12 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\12.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 13 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\13.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 14 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\14.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 15 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\15.xpi" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\071 /v 16 /d "\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe\" -install-global-extension %PP%\Install\FF\XPI\16.xpi" /f

It should work like this, shouldn't it? :(

1) install firefox

2) create profile

3) install extensions

Thsts how I do it.

This is my syntax for creating the profile.

"%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla\Firefox\firefox.exe" -CreateProfile default "%USERPROFILE%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles"

Then my batch file to install extensions.

PUSHD %~dp0
   FOR %%I IN (*.XPI) DO (
       START /WAIT "" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Mozilla\Firefox\firefox.exe" -install-global-extension "%%~fI"
   )
POPD

I recommend the START /WAIT option so you know all extensions get installed before the next.