star wars battlefront?

cougartrace

• 2 weeks later...

If ya liked battlefield 1942, you will probably like this ... unless the whole star wars or pure sci fi'y action to it scares ya. I didnt like battlefield 1942 and liked SW:battlefront ... so who knows.

I enjoyed alot of aspecs in this game. The menu and interactions between were something I havent seen before ... so that was pretty cool. Graphic wise ... I personally would say great, but considering i work with a 15 inch monitor with a low to mid end computer system ... my opinion is based on a comparison with Wolfenstien ... yes the original.

The gameplay was easy to pick up on and there was plenty room for improvement as I found out on the hardest difficulty. All the vechiles rock ... ever wanted to fly a snow speeder and take an AT-AT out ... your dreams will come true. Sure there are other games out there that let you do that, this game made it feel right though ... dont ask how it just did. Ever want to use that AT-AT to take a snow speeder out ... yeah thats fun as well MWA HAHHA. There are probably around 10 to 15 vehicles. I liked the character selects (Clones, Rebels, Imperial), each "race" had at least 3 picks at any given time.

What was interesting was single player. Threw me a curve ball when I played it. You get to choose a planet to defend or attack. After beating or losing that planet, you either lose or gain a component that improves your teamates aim, sensors, added vehicles, etc. It is a cool concept. And between missions ... you get to see parts of the movies themselves (depending which era that mission is from).

Multiplayer ... eh it keeps my friends and myself busy for enough hours to say its a worthy lan game. I believe this one might stick to lan parties a bit ... well at least with my friends running the lan :P

My opinion with games however is always ... try before buy ... I got stiffed on some Awesome looking games (based on designers, readings, reviews, movies, etc) ... but in the end they just sucked. So go find someone with it or ... not to promote piracy or anything but download it ... try it ... dont like ditch it ... else buy it.

Personally I like a good First Person shooter like HalfLife, Doom3, CounterStrike and UnrealTournament (orginal and 2004)

i haven't gotten starwars battlefront yet, but thinking about it... also.. the lucasarts.com website is supposed too have a demo of the game... but its still on "coming soon" i'm gonna wait and play that before i go buy the game..