Hi There...

Refthoom

Hello, like the rest, just introducing myself here.

I'm from Holland, married, 3 kids (and ever so tired from that :D ).

I've been dabbling with PC's for almost 20 years now and have a good deal of hardware knowledge. I tried programming but that didn't go beyond basic (remember that?) and some scripting in js/vbs/asp.

I've been around in other fora for other topics. I'm sure it's as good here as it was elsewhere.

Because I work in a PC shop I have -and have had in the past- access to plenty hardware and software, so my knowledge is wide but not very deep. Although I always like to try out stuff and experiment etc.

I come here to hopefully learn to make an unattended setup CD that I can use in my job. In return I may be able to provide drivers since we sell hardware that is usually accompanied by a driver CD (duh).

Cheers,

Refthoom.

@prathapml: Tx. I've been reading up on those yesterday evening. And most of the other members' pages. And some threads here. Boy, some of'm go on just for ever... :P I've also been reading up on M$ Resource regarding this.

@buletov: Tx. I've been reading his stuff as well. Even dl'd his packages, but at this point I'm not quite sure what to do with it :lol: . What I realy missed in it is a small text file that describes the different versions of each driver. That could also help with keeping a package up to date. I'll post a message or send him a pm and ask him how I can be of help.

@Famer: Tx. U2.

Off topic: Can any1 point me to a place where there is a beginning-end description of the installation time line that I see mentioned many times, with the actions and the answer/setup files that are used? (or a thread where I can ask this n00b question)

What I'm looking for is something like:

t1 - textmode setup

= initialisation of system, copying files, ...?

= uses setup.inf for initial info (??)

t19 - ???

= first login???

= PnP detection ??? (I have no idea :D )

= uses winnt.sif for settings

This would greatly help me in understanding the whole process.

TIA.