Enable xp activation ?

jquintino

good morning to all

i have a some machines with XP-PRO that are already activated , but my boss

its very stupid and asked to me to bring back the pop-up of activaction (the time trial)

i need to now if there is a way to enable a activation~without formating the computers (iam talking about 25 computers) .

all the computers must have the pop-up asking the activation.

i dont understand my boss everything is legal (software, activation, serial number and other things )

i thing this guys is crazy :whistle:

please helpme or a gone crazy too with this all work

thanks

There is no deactivation.

If you reformat, you will be asked to activate and, assuming your hardware

is the same as when you first installed XP the process is no different from

when you first installed. It's a hand shake between two computers over the

Internet.

If there have been enough hardware changes to reach the activation

threshold, then instead of a relatively automatic activation, you would be

prompted to call a specific phone number wherein you would explain what

changes you had made and that it's still the same computer and they would

give you a new activation code over the phone.

when you're using sysprep you can use -nosidgen which runs sysprep without regenerating SIDs that are already on the system. This is useful if you do not intend to duplicate the computer on which you are running Sysprep.

and you can use -activated switch which prevents Windows Product Activation resets. If this parameter is not set, Sysprep can reset Windows Product Activation a maximum of three times.

Hope this helps

ok i deleted the file it asked for activation now i have another problem,

dont let boot the sistem because the time for activatios was past and dont alow to boot to the system

sorry my english its not very good

I guess he's trying to say that he could not logon to windows because time for activation has expired..

Try to recover the file you've deleted or maybe there's a solution to activate windows even in this tricky situation...

I'll try to find something at Microsoft Knowledge base, let's wait for prathapml, maybe he's got a solution...

to boot your system as ninnox suggested, recover the wpa.dbl file and place it in the same folder.

i can't help u with the activation thing but maybe (just an idea) why don't just call to m$ support? if everything it's legal they can point you in the right direction, but as a personal impression i doubt that it can be done without reinstalling... dunno

You wanted to de-activate windows, so deleting that file was the way.... Now to get back the activation:

Well, if you had copied away the "C:\windows\system32\wpa.dbl" file before entirely deleting it, you can do this:

1. Boot up in safe mode (press F8, choose safe mode).

2. Log-in and browse to that folder, copy back the file.

3. Reboot.

Now, once the above is done, you have your windows XP back to normal activated condition. Even if not, there's a solution below, which can be done in safe-mode itself.

The below is the recommended method used by OEMs- Make your activated windows XP want activation again (with full 30 days grace period):

1. Pick-up your WinXP SP2 CD, and go to "SUPPORT\TOOLS" folder to get the "deploy.cab" file (or download the updated "deploy.cab" file for SP2 from MS downloads, or download from the attachment in this post).

2. Extract "sysprep.exe" and "setupcl.exe" from that CAB archive, and put them to one folder called "sysprep".

3. Copy these files to the machine you want to dis-activate - so now you should have "C:\sysprep" folder with above 2 files in it.

4. Confirm that you don't have the WXP install CD in the drive.

5. Now, from the "Run" menu in start menu, type the following command-

C:\sysprep\sysprep.exe -reseal -reboot

6. That's all. It will now be back to the stage which your boss is asking (activation pop-ups).

7. After it reboots, remember to delete the sysprep folder.

Do try it, and post back on any other questions you may have. Hoping this helps...

sysprep2.zip