Will slipstreamed SATA work on non SATA PC?

arnebjarnesius

I'm considering to slipstream SATA drivers on to my unattended Xp SP2 unsing the method described in the following link

http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/READING/addraid.htm

My concers are that I do not have SATA drivers now, but I bilive I'll have it in the future. So can I integrate SATA drivers and still use the unattended DVD on my non SATA computer? I have read threads about the SATA drivers, but cound't find an answer to my question

Hey, its like this:

You have the SATA drivers for controller XYZ integrated.

Now after that, if that controller is not detected on a PC, its not used that's all.

If the controller is found to be present, its used.

So integrated SATA controller drivers is no problem on a non-SATA system. Is this what you wanted to know?

If slipstreaming drivers for MassStorage controllers you don't have was an issue, you'd be in a world of hurt. Ever notice all the RAID/SCSI controller drivers loaded by default at the beginning of textmode setup? All you're doing is adding one more.

Of course but is default sufficient for an average PC?

what do you mean by average?

first of all, average pc doesn't yet have sata as a default

and all the standard (and less standard) sata / raid controlers are inclued in Bâshrat the Sneaky's driver pack, which integrates into your win setup with a few mouse clicks and minor editing of a single file...

Of course but is default sufficient for an average PC?

what do you mean by average?

first of all, average pc doesn't yet have sata as a default

and all the standard (and less standard) sata / raid controlers are inclued in Bâshrat the Sneaky's driver pack, which integrates into your win setup with a few mouse clicks and minor editing of a single file...

Can't say it better :)