Talisman Desktop

cancer10

Talisman Desktop

Has anyone heard about this software?

It really rocks man. It will change the look of your desktop even if u r running windows 98 or so. Just take a look

Screenshot :: Click To Enlarge ::

tn_009742talismanntitled.jpg

Software Publisher's Description

Unlike Windows XP themes, Talisman Desktop lets you completely customize the Windows interface. Its power extends from adding new toolbars to designing a brand-new desktop with any combination of drop-down menus and panels. Talisman Desktop comes with several themes, which are more than enough for most users. You can switch among desktop designs with a few clicks of your mouse. The Talisman shell also can fully replace Explorer and doesn't slow down the system. However, we found the design process itself a bit tricky; even creating a simple toolbar was not straightforward. The editing interface, more a programming tool than WYSIWIG, is far from intuitive and takes a good while to master. However, we'd recommend Talisman Desktop to advanced users

Download Talisman Desktop

Yes, talisman desktop is a very good desktop modifying utility. The main purpose that many people have for it is to get an XP-style interface for win9x and win2k. Talisman can use plug-ins and third-party themes. You could prolly think of it as a low-end version of StarDock Object Desktop.

And sadly, similar to StarDock's apps, this one is not freeware either.

• 2 months later...

i just came across this program

i had not seen this post, (yea used search to see if its posted b4 :P)

great app, has little bugs but pretty cool :)

anyone have a .ico or .icl icon for opera? this program should be able to get the icons from the exe's and dll's !!!

bit of a bump there XtremeMaC lol.

hmm, never seen this prog, i'll definenlty give it a try. * :thumbdown *

*EDIT!*

in my Opinion this program SUCKS! :thumbdown lol. it was a 30 day trial (can't expect all software to be free so, eh) upon restart i couldn't shut down the talisman program *had to go back to my default settings for a minute* withouth doing ctrl + alt + delete. then had to re run explorer by hitting ctrl alt delete and hitting file -> run -> explorer.exe.

upon reboot again to give it a try it took my computer 20 seconds longer to display the program and everything... some of the themes have winamp and other media player capabilities.. on hitting volume up or down it takes a second before the program draws the new bar..

hit ctrl + alt + delete to check how much CPU usage it was using and came across "ldialer.exe" which at first you can suspect i though it was a dialer lol. since i don't have a modem installe din my computer i wasn't worried but its part of Talisman Ldialer Forum so ran the uninstaller hit ctrl +alt +delete to run explorer.exe again and here i am making this post... hope it didn't screw up my computer but guess i find that out when i reboot.

:thumbdown :thumbdown

However, i must say it is a very good idea but maybe in a couple more releases i may check it out again.. if it still sucks i won't be checking it again.

Edited by Bi0haZarD

lol that ldailer :)

yea i had the trouble of going back to normal state of xp. but then i found the "go to / switch to system something..) then it returned to normal but i had to restart explorer.exe as well....

i'll checkout litestep,

well personally i just look at these, i'm never going to use them for long.