msbatch.inf questions

Zubair

Hello Friends My Questios Are,

Is There Any Need To Add Batch File Location In Setup Command, If I Place The MSBatch.INF In The Same Win98Se Folder With Setup.exe.

What Are The Switches Used By Command To Setup And Description Of Each Switch's.

Why Do I Get "symtec Error" When I Run

Set.bat

setup.exe D:\Win98se\MsBatch.inf /IS /IQ /IV /IW

What Are The Switches Used By Command To Setup And Description Of Each Switch's.
Just run the command "setup.exe /?" to get a listing, and descriptions of switches.

And about the msbatch.inf - just keep that file in the same folder as the setup and CABs. No need to specify location/file-name. Simply run setup from there, and it will make use of that answer file.

choose the right topic for your question or answer
*topic title changed
Please post topics in the correct section of forums
*topic moved to Win9x forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1. Is There Any Need To Add Batch File Location In Setup Command, If I Place The MSBatch.INF In The Same Win98Se Folder With Setup.exe.

I think this is answered by the answer to your third question.

2. What Are The Switches Used By Command To Setup And Description Of Each Switch's.

Description of the Windows 98 Setup Switches

http://thpc.info/how/switches9x.html

Microsoft Articles on MSBatch

Detailed Information On Modifying MSBatch To Suit Your Needs

3. Why Do I Get "symtec Error" When I Run

Set.bat

setup.exe D:\Win98se\MsBatch.inf /IS /IQ /IV /IW

Because you have written the MsBatch folder location without the correct switch. Setup does not accept this method. As already mentioned if your setup.inf file is named Msbatch.inf you only need to have it in the same folder as setup for it to be recognized and used e.g. there is no need for a switch or any mention of MSBatch.inf. If the setup.inf file has another name (which it might have if your experimenting with several different installation variables) you would have to name the file to be used after the switch. I've not done this for some time and the information I've read shows two different switches. So one of these three will work but I can't recall which.

setup.exe -s test1.inf /IS /IQ /IV /IW

setup.exe /s test1.inf /IS /IQ /IV /IW

setup.exe /s:test1.inf /IS /IQ /IV /IW

Of course if your setup.inf file is in a different folder you must name the folder location like this:

setup.exe -s d:\testing\test1.inf /IS /IQ /IV /IW

setup.exe /s d:\testing\test1.inf /IS /IQ /IV /IW

setup.exe /s:d:\testing\test1.inf /IS /IQ /IV /IW

I have a problem with the Eula Agreement Screen ... it keeps coming up in the middle of the win98se install ... I tried the ShowEula=0 in the msbatch.inf file and I also tried the setup.exe /IW switch but without any luck since now ... so can anyone enlight me about this thing ... pls ... how can I get rid of that stupid screen so I could have a fully automated, unattended installation of Win98SE..