Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 Beta

lieblingsbesuch

Installed Adobe Reader 7.0 . Here are my first impressions.

1. Installation goes nice and smooth. No problems at all.

The first thing I noticed during setup and the in the splash and about screens is that they got rid of the STUPID "leaping businessman" clipart. It was very annoying.

2. The splash screen isn't so fancy as the one in 6.0, and it's turned off by default.

3. First launch of Acrobat. The same EULA ...blah blah. First thing to notice really fast loading. I think at least 10 times faster than 6.0

4. The interface it's pretty much the same. Some buttons have been redisgned. In the lower-left corner have been added 2 buttons for fast acces to the fullscreen function and hide-toolbars.

5. The About screen doesn't have that scrooling Credits which I liked it. The Credits appear in a new window.

6. Opening a PDF (double click one) it's done very quick the same as loading the program without any file.

That's it for now.

When version 7.0 will reach final version will worth upgrading the old 6.0

3. First launch of Acrobat. The same EULA ...blah blah. First thing to notice really fast loading. I think at least 10 times faster than 6.0

Wow. And I was goint to ask if it was 150mb and takes 17 minutes to open before I download it :lol: That's what I was expecting from them seeing how their new versions are becoming...

**** this thing opens fast. Makes you wonder what they were doing wrong in version 6.0

By the way has anyone noticed that the version number displayed in 'About', is 7.9.0, wow that's like almost version 8.0 and this thing is still in beta. Strange, is it not?

run the setup file.. wait til it uncompresses all files, goto

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Setup Files\RdrBig\ENU

& get the msi & the data1.cab

put them in the same folder & run the msi with the /qn or /qb switch :)

The original file is 18.4 mb, but the msi & data1.cab file add up to 30.5mb :(

Is there no way to use the original exe file to do the silent install?

Even when you use the original file (18.4MB) the first action that is performed is extracting the files for the setup in Win's default TEMP dir. So there is the same thing .....

@Sanjay: I noticed the 7.9.0, and I wanted to write about it in my impression post but I forgot.

run the setup file.. wait til it uncompresses all files, goto

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Setup Files\RdrBig\ENU

& get the msi & the data1.cab

put them in the same folder & run the msi with the /qn or /qb switch :)

The original file is 18.4 mb, but the msi & data1.cab file add up to 30.5mb :(

Is there no way to use the original exe file to do the silent install?

u could zip them using 7zip

Even when you use the original file (18.4MB) the first action that is performed is extracting the files for the setup in Win's default TEMP dir. So there is the same thing .....

How would I use the original exe file to do a silent install? Using the original file is not the same as extracting the MSI because as I mentioned earlier there is a matter of the difference between 18.4 mb (original exe) compared to 30.5mb (MSI & Data1.cab).

u could zip them using 7zip

Can't I do that with WinRAR? Can you be more specific regarding the whole procedure including file names and commands to put in my 'start.cmd'.

Thanks.

yes u can use winrar too, but generally 7zip is better compression :P

i just tested it.. & it only got it down 1 MB.. cuz its already compressed

EDIT: but u could use mazin's (i think thats who wrote the tutorial) 2 remove all the extras, he got his down 2 10MB i think..

Thanks but I tried zipping with 7zip and could only get it down to 28.5mb What I don't understand is how come originally Adobe was able to fit all this in a 18.5mb installer.

I guess we are still looking for a way to silent install the original installer.

how do /quiet & /qn  differ from each other?

They dont. Being extra carefull. hehe

/quiet

Quiet mode, no user interaction

/q[n|b|r|f]

Sets user interface level

n - No UI

b - Basic UI

r - Reduced UI

f - Full UI (default)

/norestart

Do not restart after the installation is complete

And for those with no clue. :P

Download the attachment!!

what does delete whisptis do?

And in the reg files,changing the itnenret connection,what are you actually changing?