Blue screen with SP2 ?

Woomera

hi

I INSTALLED SP2 AND EACH TIME MY WINDOWS GOES TO SCREENSAVER IT SHOWS BLUE SCREEN AFTER A WILE OR WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL A NEW DRIVER I GET BLUE SCREEN SO I GET BLUE SCREEN EVERY WHERE EVEN SOMETIMES WHEN I WANT TO SHUT DOWN MY SYSTEM.anyone knows whats wrong with my system??

You installed SP2 on it...lol

Seriously, which version of SP2 are you using?

What steps did you take to install SP2?

Which particular drivers are we talking about? (I am assuming video, but need to be sure.)

Finally, what are the exact errors your getting in these blue screens? Need in particular what it says as far as any codes, (0x000000,etc) as well as if it gives any particular information, (device driver from ATI caused page fault,) if available.

Also, did you try to F8 prior to booting into Windows and upgrading/reinstalling your video card drivers?

the interesting point is that i dont have sp2 anymore.

i mean i reinstall my windows and using sp1 right now.

the version of sp2 was the final version whatever it was.

but i still get blue screen but only when my windows goes to screensaver after more than 1,1.5 hour i get this blue screen but in sp2 i always get that even sometimes my TASK MANAGER shows error.

hi

I INSTALLED SP2 AND EACH TIME MY WINDOWS GOES TO SCREENSAVER IT SHOWS BLUE SCREEN AFTER A WILE OR WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL A NEW DRIVER I GET BLUE SCREEN SO I GET BLUE SCREEN EVERY WHERE EVEN SOMETIMES WHEN I WANT TO SHUT DOWN MY SYSTEM.anyone knows whats wrong with my system??

Yeah I $%$£ing know what the problem is. SP2 is not compatible with retards.....

Try not typing with caps.

OR MAYBE you get BSOD when u remove caps?

I would not even have beothered answering him guys=)

Edit: Typo in bsod :P

Yeah I $%$£ing know what the problem is. SP2 is not compatible with retards.....

I thought that was something everyone understood, but didn't say. You don't have to beat him down more on it. He has an issue, which he can't solve.

Now for us to help you solve it, some things would be helpful, such as the error codes. Has this happened before under sp1 and previous? System information, etc.

Hey ya others:

don't attack the person, attach what's off-balance in a person. That keeps us all happy too! If you do need to let-off steam, say so and lets have a flaming section - :lol: but keep the rest of the forum friendly. (just kidding, flaming is not an MSFNer's hallmark at all, so no need for a section just to flame)

@fatalwoomera

True, we are friendly with all here, and we're here to solve what you described as well. You need to give more details.

But remember one thing - do not post in capital-alphabets, that's interpreted to mean shouting, and then the guys will have a problem with you. ;) Just post in the simple way you use when you normally write - with proper capitalizations, and punctuations and grammar and all.... :)