Vmware Tools Setup

@bucketbuster

ive tryed :) but didnt find any interesting(i searched "any day")

@mct

hmm i dont know but i ve got windows.iso

and there is setup.exe :(

ive tryed install this on runonexex phase but either by autoit and wshell didt work :(

it just hangout there when installing svga driver :(

@mct

ive tryed by

ECHO.
ECHO Installing VMware Tools Setup
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\vmware\setup\setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\vmware\setup\setup.iss"

but i think its hangs on "installing SVGA drivers" phase

koszopal

hi

is any way to install this tools on @t-12 or @t-13 or RunOnceEx ?

koszopal

I install vmware tools at RunOnceEx. I'll give you what I did to get it to work.

I have an "Apps" folder on my DVD with all the programs I install. If you don't do this, then you'll have to modify for your method.

Take the windows.iso, and extract the contents to a folder named "VMWare Tools".

How ever you call your installs, you'll need to modify this command line (I use Wise9, but no one else does, so you have to figure it out for your method):

%SYS32%\msiexec.exe /i "%CDROM%\Apps\VMWare Tools\VMware Tools.msi" /qb

NOTE: You want to call this with some kind of "Wait" command, so your install will wait for it to finish, before going on.

If you use "/qn" instead of "/qb" it will auto restart after the install is done. I don't want it to restart right there, so I pass it the "/qb" switch.

I then have an AutoIt script that waits for the popup prompt asking if it can reboot the system, and it tells it no.

Here is the code for the autoit script:

LOOP:
Sleep, 1000
IfWinExist, System Settings Change, , Goto, SYSTEM
IfWinExist, VMware Tools, You must restart, Goto, VMWARE
Goto, LOOP

SYSTEM:
WinWaitActive, System Settings Change
Send, !n
goto, LOOP

VMWARE:
WinWaitActive, VMware Tools, You must restart
Send, !n
Goto, LOOP

I call this script before I call the VMware Tools with "Wait".

I'll attach the compiled exe and source of this script below.

Hope this helps.

script.zip

• 6 months later...
@bucketbuster

ive tryed :) but didnt find any interesting(i searched "any day")

@mct

hmm i dont know but i ve got windows.iso

and there is setup.exe :(

ive tryed install this on runonexex phase but either by autoit and wshell didt work :(

it just hangout there when installing svga driver :(

hit ctrl+alt+del, and go to the task manager. when the svga driver installation hangs, select the new hardware found-application in the taskbar, and choose switch to. that should solve your problem.

• 1 year later...
%SYS32%\msiexec.exe /i "%CDROM%\Apps\VMWare Tools\VMware Tools.msi" /qb

NOTE: You want to call this with some kind of "Wait" command, so your install will wait for it to finish, before going on.

If you use "/qn" instead of "/qb" it will auto restart after the install is done. I don't want it to restart right there, so I pass it the "/qb" switch.

I then have an AutoIt script that waits for the popup prompt asking if it can reboot the system, and it tells it no.

it is an .msi file so you can just use REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS after the /qb or /qn, the difference is that /qb shows a "basic gui" ie. the progress bar and a restart box (unless you use REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS and then it just displays the progress bar) and /qn means "no gui". so no need for the autoIT script :)

and you can actually call the exe by using "YOURFOLDERLOCATION\setup.exe /S /v"/qb REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS"

the /S tells it is it silent and the /v passes commands to the msi

Edited by doablesandman

what are VMWare tools? Are they important?

Only if you are using VMWare. They are tools that allow you to copy and paste clipboard and files into your virtual machine.

as well as install drivers for the virtual hardware.