Completely lost and in serious help!

considering i havent had any replies to my previous thread and i am planning to try and finish the most part of this unattended install disc tonite, i have decided to try and create a better thread explaining my problems..

I followed the overclockers.com guide exactly, which is almost the same as the msfn one..

the problem is creating the batch files.. I really am confused on what to do, i know i need to tell the installation that i want these 3rd party app's to be installed, but from what i have seen it differs everytime - unless using the runoncex.cmd

so could some one please please help me, i am totally lost and confused and really want to do this..

I have the app's in the correct file and everything, i just need to know what code i shall be typing into the .cmd file to ensure it will install silently..

any help would be appreciated!!

i want to cry!!

lol okay..

You know when you have selected the app's you want, and you want to make them to be a silent install winthin the XP setup?

you have to create a batch file... now i dont know all this start/?wait... etc. etc. stuff and want to install certain programs..

i know there are two ways about it, batch files and runonceex or something..

i dont care which way i do it, as long as i can do it, so could some one, you :D please tell me what i should be writing in these files..

once u have the batch file..

depending on how u set it up.. u need 2 place ALL your files in $OEM$\$1\Install

then in your winnt.sif put the following

OemPreInstall = Yes

&

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\Install\myapps.cmd

myapps.cmd should be place inside the same folder as your applications in my example..

regards

See this is why i am soo confused, i am just too dumb..

where you say myapps, should that be, start? runonceex?? what?

edit :okie i see, i had already got the start.cmd file, so thats now understood, thanks :D

2nd edit:

Okay i apoligise for the n00bish thinking, i seem to be getting a better understanding now..

its in the batchfile, start.cmd, that i am getting confused, as looking at peoples examples they are using different switches at the end of the file names, etc..

i would like to know, how i would find out what text i will enter to prompt the installation of my apps'

u want 2 prompt the installation? or are you wanting a silent install?

if u want a silent install, search the application switches forum

if u want 2 manually enter all info.. dont put switches

start /wait program.exe

that will ONLY start the program.. wont make it silent..

ok so the above code you have entered will allow me to prompt the installation, and a switch at the end will make it silent? so i search the other forum for the programs i am using and make them a silent install?

edit:

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Jasc PaintShopPro

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\PSP8\PaintshopPro8.exe /qn

this would allow me install psp silently?

**** man you are extremely helpful, ecspecially to a numbskull like me..

here is what i have done so far, i was wondering if you could just check and have a look to see if i am doing it correctly:

CLS

@echo off

TITLE Windows XP SP1a - Semi-Unattended Installation

ECHO.

ECHO Over the next few minutes you will see automated installations

ECHO of various software applications, windows updates, and registry

ECHO tweaks being implemented. The computer will restart automatically

ECHO once the whole process has finished!

ECHO.

ECHO Removing Wallpapers and Screensavers...

DEL "%systemroot%\*.bmp"

DEL "%systemroot%\Web\Wallpaper\*.jpg"

DEL "%systemroot%\system32\dllcache\*.scr"

DEL "%systemroot%\system32\*.scr"

ECHO.

ECHO Applying Registry Tweaks...

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\RegTweaks.reg

ECHO.

ECHO Starting installation of Applications

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Jasc PaintShopPro

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\PSP8\PaintshopPro8.exe /qn

ECHO.

ECHO Installing WinRAR v330

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Winrar\wrar330.exe /S

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Spybot SD v1.3

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\spybot\spybotsd13.exe /VERYSILENT /NOCANCEL /TASKBARHIDE /AUTOCLOSE

ECHO.

ECHO Installing winamp503_lite

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\Winamp\winamp503_lite.exe /S

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Avast

ECHO Please Wait...

Start /wait %systemdrives%\install\Applications\Avast\Avast\setupeng /SP- /VERYSILENT /NOCANCEL /NORESTART /DIR="C:\Program

Files\Avast" /NOICONS

ECHO.

ECHO Restarting the PC in 1 minute...

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute, this will give enough time for the shortcuts to update

and for the shell to fully load before its ready to restart!"

ECHO.

ECHO Deleting Temp Installation Files...

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Drivers

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install

EXIT

Im sorry to say this, but the problem is, you expect it all to be in pictures and to be explained clearly in one sentence. You need to read the link that guy told you to do. It explains it all clearly, such that start /wait is to RUN the program to install it. Please read, it helps us all.

^^ you dont have to be sorry, its just not everyone is as computer literate as everyone else, this coding is all very new to me, i am only 16 years old, and am currently attempting this for the first time, i have been sat at this desk since 4pm its now 7:40, i have read and re-read all the guides i have found, and got so far, its this point where i am finding it really difficult..