Adobe Programs

buzzman04

Hey y'all

I need help with silent / unattended installs for pretty much all of the adobe prorgams...

I've tried the /? in commadn prompt as well as the USSF pgm but no luck.

I've seen the one switch for PS7 but i can't seem to find infor for the follolwing:

Adobe Pagemaker 7

Adobe Illustrator 10

Adobe After Effects 6

Adobe Audition 1.0

Adobe Encore 1.0

Adobe Premiere Pro

Adobe Premiere 6.0

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 (not reader full pgm)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

The -f2 switch solved my problem when installing from DVD for Acrobat 6, Photoshop CS and InDesign CS, but I it didn't do it for Illustrator CS :( I get this in my logfile:

[InstallShield Silent]
Version=v7.00
File=Log File
[ResponseResult]
ResultCode=-3
[Application]
Name=Adobe Illustrator CS
Version=11
Company=Adobe
Lang=0009

Any ideas?

I installed them the same way to get the .iss file generated and copied that file into the folder of each program and this is what I use:

REG ADD %KEY%\032 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat Pro 6.02" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\032 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Adobe\Acrobat\AcroPro.msi /QR" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\032 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Adobe\Acrobat\updates\Ac60PrP1.msp /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\032 /V 3 /D "\"%CDROM%\Apps\Adobe\Acrobat\updates\Adobe Acrobat - Reader 6.0.2 Update.msi\" /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\032 /V 4 /D "REGEDIT /S %CDROM%\Apps\Adobe\Acrobat\AcroPro6.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\036 /VE /D "Adobe Photoshop CS" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\036 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Adobe\Photoshop\Setup.exe -s -f2%systemdrive%\AdobePhotoshopCSSetup.log" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Adobe InDesign CS" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Adobe\InDesign\Setup.exe -s -f2%systemdrive%\AdobeInDesignCSSetup.log" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\044 /VE /D "Adobe Illustrator CS" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\044 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Apps\Adobe\Illustrator\Setup.exe -s -f2%systemdrive%\AdobeIllustratorCSSetup.log" /f

I have a problem intalling Adobe Acrobat Pro. I tried the /QR switch and it installed silently. But when I run the program, it says "No valid serial found. Adobe will now exit.". So I tried exporting the REG entry of the registration of Adobe from my computer and added it to the installation. But the same error happened. I checked the registry and my registration details are already there.

What is the correct way to do this? What other entriles must be included in the reg file? Here is the sample of my regfile.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Registration]

@="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

"NAME"="MyName

"COMPAN"=""

Pllease tell me whats missing. And what is the correct way to do this. Thank you.

For Acrobat, it's ISX_SERIAL not PIDKEY. However, neither of them works on the command line!

And Acrobat requires /QR not /QB nor /QN. Also, the original serial doesn't work (with or without dashes) from a reg file. There should be the encrypted serial exported from the registry.

This reg file should work fine on a clean machine if applied before running the MSI:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\6.0\Registration]
"SERIAL"="encrypted serial exported from registry"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\6.0\Registration]
"SERIAL"="encrypted serial exported from registry"

However, this is my favorite method.

• 6 months later...