SP2 CD ships with .NET Framework 1.1 SP1

j4ever

I copied the DOTNETFX folder over to my slipstreamed cd so the GUI button would work. When I installed Windows I also did the .net install after. Turns out that it first installs .net framework 1.1, then updates it to sp1, makes you reboot, then completes the installation when you boot up again.

its strange that it isn't released online yet, and i can't seem to find it available anywhere online, yet the cd has 1.1 sp1. i really doubt that they would put beta software on the sp2 cd!

I've been running around and around in circles for nearly an hour trying to figure this out. And I still don't get it. >_<

There was a person on ASP.NET [link] who said that the version of the framework was "the tech preview version" or something to that effect. MSDN reports:

.NET Framework 1.0 SP3 and .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 - will be available in the MSDN Download Center in September
Yet, at the same time, there is a Microsoft KB article here which implies that SP1 is already out:
Note: The .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 is available from Microsoft Windows Update, and it is also included on the Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) distribution CD as a separate installation.

So now I'm digging through the MS Newsgroups. Bleh. But I don't think that they'd release something to general users before MSDN gets it, right? And they wouldn't be careless enough to release a technical preview to said general public....

I'm going to assume that like all Service Packs, that service pack does not include the full framework but just the updates. Is there a released download somewhere of the full framework with service pack 1 intergrated or are we going to have to slipstream our own service pack 1 frameworks? :D

Holy crap.

I just did a version check on the download (linked above) and the version of NDPSP.exe on the Service Pack 2 CD. All the information looks the same, only differences that I can see are the date of the digital signature, build date, size of the file.

Wonder why Microsoft released it on the CD before on their download site?

@jcarle: perhaps, grab a SP2 CD and copy the DOTNETFX folder?

If I slipstream my OEM pre-SP1 disk with SP2 - will that automatically replace NetFramework 1.0 with 1.1_SP1?

Just wondering what I'll get if I use the installation menu on the CD...

If the menu does not work - do I need to manually install from the SP2 CD?

Just curious...

I'm going to assume that like all Service Packs, that service pack does not include the full framework but just the updates. Is there a released download somewhere of the full framework with service pack 1 intergrated or are we going to have to slipstream our own service pack 1 frameworks? :D

How to slip-stream the SP1 can be found here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=70&t=26304