Unattended FTP Install v2

Very nice. I just might have to give that a try. I have been trying to do a similar thing using network shares, but haven't quite worked it out yet. Some apps install fine, others don't. Keep up the good work!

GnarlyC

• 2 weeks later...

dang another kick arse method edg21. I'm almost definately going this route. I almost had your wget method setup and then decided to go the network share route not for any flaws in it it seems like it will definately work, I just wanted something I could maybe change some options on my winnt.sif(or unattend.txt depending) without having to burn a new cd. But I'm not having a ton of luck with the network booting so I think I'm gonna do this way now.

I'm writing to say thanks and that I think you have one little typo. Down where you are writing the ftp_cmd.txt you change to the tools directory and then the next set of commands down you try to connect directly to the apps directory. I was looking down through the commands and seeing how they worked and I got there and thought how the heck does that work? How is he switching directly from the tools directory to the apps directory. Then I looked down and saw the ../ part on the rest of them.

thanks again this is awesome

I'm writing to say thanks and that I think you have one little typo. Down where you are writing the ftp_cmd.txt you change to the tools directory and then the next set of commands down you try to connect directly to the apps directory. I was looking down through the commands and seeing how they worked and I got there and thought how the heck does that work? How is he switching directly from the tools directory to the apps directory. Then I looked down and saw the ../ part on the rest of them.

thanks again this is awesome

typo fixed :)

I'll pass along my respect for another Batch Coder!

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestions ... Use

IF /I "%VARIABLE%"=="Y"

and both Y and y will work. The /I is the IgnoreCase switch. Sorry ... I couldn't help myself! Keep up the good work, and don't let others tell you what/how to code!

I'll pass along my respect for another Batch Coder!

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestions ... Use

IF /I "%VARIABLE%"=="Y"

and both Y and y will work. The /I is the IgnoreCase switch. Sorry ... I couldn't help myself! Keep up the good work, and don't let others tell you what/how to code!

Done.. thanks :)

Hi, this is really awesome...

Now i have a little problem.

Cause i dont have an DHCP Server, so i have to set my ip adress static.

Is there a way to get this thing working on Runonce.cmd? Before i call your FTP.cmd?

I want to call a prompt where i can insert my static ipadress. But i dont know how i gonna script that...

Is there anyone who explain me that. Ive searched in the forum, but i dont want to set this with netsh.exe, cause i want to set the Ip Adress on this way:

Runonce.cmd

-> ip.cmd

--> Look for DHCP --> none

--> Goto prompt:

--> Here setup ip, gateway, etc.

---> then call ftp.cmd

Hope you know what im searching for...

Greetz tron

I tried it this way:

@echo off 
echo Ipadresse festlegen
echo per DHCP Server:
set /p ip1=(j/n):
if /i %ip1%==j netsh interface ip set address "LAN-Verbindung" dhcp
pause
echo Tragen Sie Ihre IP-Adresse ein:
set /p ip2=(j/n):
if /i %ip2%==j netsh interface ip set address "LAN-Verbindung" static
exit

DHCP works well, but how could i set interface, gateway when i ask for it?

In txt file?

greetz tron