do you own a dvd burner?

do you own a dvd burner?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. do you own a dvd burner?

• yes
    • no
    • going to buy one soon
    • not a change of getting one

Yes and a little over 200 movies and 50-60 xbox games....Of course they are all backups. :lol:

Backups are the way to go, especially with kids. Has anyone tried the TDK Armor DVD-R's? They're supposed to be 100x more scratch resistant than a regular DVD. Eventually I'll get around to ordering a couple.

Backups are the way to go, especially with kids.  Has anyone tried the TDK Armor DVD-R's?  They're supposed to be 100x more scratch resistant than a regular DVD.

As far as kids movies go, I make a decent xvid rip (a properly made 2CD rip with gordian knot does look good) of the DVD and leave it on the video server until the kids aren't bugging me every other day to watch it. Can't get more scratch-proof than that. I don't backup video DVDs...

• 2 weeks later...
Backups are the way to go, especially with kids.  Has anyone tried the TDK Armor DVD-R's?  They're supposed to be 100x more scratch resistant than a regular DVD.

As far as kids movies go, I make a decent xvid rip (a properly made 2CD rip with gordian knot does look good) of the DVD and leave it on the video server until the kids aren't bugging me every other day to watch it. Can't get more scratch-proof than that. I don't backup video DVDs...

When I'm further in my career and making more money, I will be building one of those. Until then, I have to live with what I've got. I agree with you 100%.