What am I doing wrong?

Skywalker

@skywalker

What you want is the "/QN" switch. That's what will give no graphical output on screen. And just like "/QB-" (which you have been using successfully), "/QN" too will fail silently (no dialogs) if any error occurs.

You want to just not see anything on screen while the setup is going on, right?

So just replace the "/QB-" switch in your command below, with "/QN" instead. :thumbup

The "/QB-" switch shows just a progress bar on-screen, whereas "/QN" shows nothing on screen - and both will do a silent install, so they are similar in all other ways (excluding the screen display of what's happening, which is what that switch controls). Also remember, the above standard switches are for all other MSI packages as well (acrobat, .NET, Diskeeper, Sun Java, etc.).

Well, that switch is self-explanatory. If you want to instruct setup to not reboot (which will dis-orient your Windows setup) after installing the Nero package, then use that switch. I do use that switch where applicable - I want to be sure that the only time windows re-starts is when I ask it to, or when windows setup restarts.