licence limited at 180days

narcotyk

i got this,, licence limited at 180days... when i start installing winxp with sp2 i never have this problem before Slipstreaming winxp with sp2 can someone help

thx

Narc

The lack of grammar, such as periods really makes this hard to understand.... :}

180 days, huh?

eval. copy....

Nopes, I doubt that one has any problems with being able to slip-stream. The problem must be somewhere else.......

In any case, this may not exactly be nLite related - that you are using nLite to slip-stream is purely incidental.

Hi,

I got the same, it's in the licence agreement. Many people will think twice before pressing F8 :huh:

It's simply the EULA.TXT included in the final release of the service pack, i suspect MS neglected to replace the licence agreement of the beta and pre-release versions.

I ignored it, see what happens in 6 months...

Well, after you said so, I checked it up - nopes, the EULA in the final of the service pack 2, does not say anything about being time-limited in any way.

The pre-releases (betas, RCs), though, DID have a 180-day licence.

Hmmm, strange...

I must say this peculiar final release service pack is the french version, so it may have been replaced in the english version but not in the french one.

But I'm pretty sure it's safe to ignore the 180-day expiration limit. B)

I haven't yet seen a french release of the XPSP2 - it was scheduled for September, so this almost confirms that you might have stumbled across a pre-release copy of it. Or, you might have got a modified version of it from somewhere else.

Just check for these two things:

1. You got the package (approx. 250 MB, I think) from a direct Microsoft.com download link.

2. That the build number says "5.1.2600.2180".

If so, then you got the right update - if not, wait till september, and download the correct one. :)

hello everyone,

yesterday I was looking for anything new about Service Pack 2 in Microsoft Windows XP web site, and I found that Microsoft inform all who have downloaded SP2 French, Italian & Spanish that Cluf.txt has a mistake (180 day limitation) and that Microsoft will release a KB to correct the problem.

I am using a french version of SP2 and I have the same problem.