hacked tcpip.sys / language version

mmainio

They could be the same, but you can't be sure enough.

The newest TCPIP.SYS (5.1.2600.2505) was exactly the same size as the one that came with SP2, but they had different checksums, and the code was slightly different.

I suggest you get the TCPIP.SYS for your language and do those patches yourself.

The tcpip.sys in SP2 is in german as in englisch exactly the same file and update of tcpip.sys (2505) is also exactly the same file in both. tcpip.sys contains NO language informations, so it is the same file in all language versions of SP2 and in the update to 2505.

@Kleopatra...

so u have the German version from this Update? or r u just talkin?

if ya have it, post it ;) but i mean the official one from MS and not patched

if i install the offical english update i get an error...the language differ from my winxp os...

@Kleopatra...

so u have the German version from this Update? or r u just talkin?

if ya have it, post it ;) but i mean the official one from MS and not patched

if i install the offical english update i get an error...the language differ from my winxp os...

I have the german update. If you want use update file you need the coorect update for your language. If want only update tcpip.sys you must extract the file tcpip.sys and than you can use it. The included single file tcpip.sys is in all updates the same. It has language english.

You get also an error with german update file, because it has different language in installer to your OS. You need the included tcpip.sys and not the installer in wrong language. If you wish I can post the german update or the not patched tcpip.sys.

@enuffsaid

It say for language: english