Old-style Windows XP Setup Screens

Hi,

A while back I found out how to use simpler installation screens without the microsoft "selling the product" text usually found during installation. I think it was like the windows 2000 setup screens.

This worked fine. But I would like to set it back to the normal screens so I can use a customised XP setup screens that the users of this forum are making!

Problem is I've completely forgotten how to go about doing this. I've had a good look but with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Spin

copy the winntbbu.dll & winntbbu.dll_ (they should both be there i think) from your original xp cd onto your source, i think thats all u need, if that dont work, just copy the source & redo it :)

why don't you take a look at

groups.yahoo.com/winntbbu

we have what you need

I'm already a member! I tried it with one of cykasms screens but no luck.

I think I remember a setting somewhere to enable the old windows 2000 style install screens. I just cant find it again anywhere to turn if off...

copy the winntbbu.dll & winntbbu.dll_ (they should both be there i think) from your original xp cd onto your source, i think thats all u need, if that dont work, just copy the source & redo it

I hope I dont have to redo it all just for a customised setup screen!

Here is my current setup screen.

screenshot.JPG

Yeah I cant find anything in my winnt.sif related to it.

I've also had a thorough look at ref.chm but cant find any mention of it. Where else is the setting likely to be?

Hello,

I have a related problem. I wanted to replace my GUI-Setup-Screen following the "dummy-guide" of this forum. But when I test my unattended WinXP Prof. CD +SP2 in VmWare 4.5.2 I don't see any GUI-Setup at all, only a textbased one (see attached file). The same thing happens with the original WINNTBBU.DLL file (and non-unattened mode).

What's going on here? I'm going crazy about this... please help!

Thanks, Amanda K.

post-70-1093200196_thumb.jpg

Text-based setup is only present when you boot from the CD... It will ask you to partition your drive and ask you where you want to install Windows... ;) However, if you're doing everything unattended, then it shouldn't ask you and just do everything automatically. ;)