Doom 3 the scariest game ever?

Tel

*remembers the old Doom 1 and Doom* god.. those were EASY... was more of point and shoot.. and know where you were going

I enjoyed playing Doom 1 and 2 MUCH more than Doom 3. Oh, and if you think Doom 3 is anything more than just point and shoot, then you're sorely mistaken.

I used to think Doom 3 had a chance against Half-Life 2, but it now looks as though it's gonna have its arse whipped tenfold.

My vote for the scariest game ever goes to System Shock 2, or Thief 3 in the haunted orphanage.

Doom 1 and 2 all you had too do was aim in the general vicinity of the enemy with a rocket launcher and it went right too them. never had too point up or down too kill anything. Doom3 you have too point the rocket launcher and shoot not just have them on the screen and fire away. Thats why i never had that much fun in Doom 1 & 2 but hell.. when you had a 50 mhz computer and Doom 1 & 2 was barely hitting System Requirements.. that was fun good ol' days.

But as for doom 3 being the scariest game... well if you have headphones on lights off no cheat codes and are an avid gamer and actaully "become" the game. feel as if it was real.. then yea. Doom 3 is gold. mainly all sound like people screaming over the intercom, screams coming from within the walls. eerie lighting... yea.. its enough too freak you out.

tbh I think it's great - I remember the feeling I got playing the first Doom, the first time you realise you have to go into one of those dark flickering areas, and you could hear the sounds of the 'dormant' monsters somewhere, but you weren't sure quite where...and I think they've recreated that feeling very well. All the more scary when you have to actually try to shoot accurately as well :rolleyes: