Would anyone be interested?

Jared

Ok, Im just getting frustrated with trying to get me drivers and applications integrated and was wondering if I gave the link to the drivers I wanted if someone could go download them and extract only the drivers or whatever i need and get only the specific files i need from the downloads and put them each in a seperate folder so that they are just ready for me to copy and past into my $OEM$ folders sub directorys. I dont know what I could do in exchange? Give 2 legit boughten retail windows xp cd keys? I would really appreciate if someone could do this for me. Please PM or post a replay if interested.

Thank You, Jared

Ok, I want the silent unattended install because I want to create a unattended XP CD. The Drivers I want are located here http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...0&os=WW1&osl=EN the SIGMATEL STAC 9750 AC97, Intel Mobile Chipset, Alps GlidePoint/StickPointer, Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller, Dell Notebook System Software, Microsoft SpeedStep Fix for WinXP, and nVidia GeForce4 4200 Go.

Jared, I am pulling together a disc right now for a Latitude D800. I have the Sigmatel audio, chipset, Broadcom LAN, GeForce4 4200 Go worked out, just trying to get the rest working properly via RunOnceEx at the moment. Give me a day or two and I'll post my results, 'less someone already has it? No need for payment of any type, of course, we're here for the love, right?

Here's what I did to install the drivers for my Dell Latitude D800 silently:

$OEM$-->$$-->INF-->Include all .inf files for the chipset and cardbus.

Download the INF directory HERE (55KB), extract, and drop it in $OEM$--$$.

$OEM$-->$1-->Drivers-->000-->chipset-->Include all .cat and .inf files extracted per Rasken's method
$OEM$-->$1-->Drivers-->001-->cardbus-->3 sets of .cat, .inf, and .sys files for gticard, tiumflt, and tiunfwl
$OEM$-->$1-->Drivers-->002-->D800-->LAN-->b57xp32 .cat, .inf, and .sys files
$OEM$-->$1-->Drivers-->003-->D800-->Audio-->stac97 .cat, .cpl, .inf, and .sys files
$OEM$-->$1-->Drivers-->004-->Video-->nVidia-->The whole tamale

Download the Drivers directory HERE (14MB), extract, and drop it in $OEM$--$1. The cardbus is installed in the same fashion as the chipset, meaning, if you do not have the hardware then nothing is affected. The appropriate lines in my WINNT.SIF file look like this:

[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended
   OemPreinstall=Yes
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   Hibernation=No
   Repartition=No
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   UnattendSwitch=Yes
   FileSystem=ConvertNTFS
   DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
   OemSigningPolicy=Ignore
   OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000\chipset;Drivers\001\cardbus;Drivers\002\D800\LAN;Drivers\003\D800\Audio;Drivers\004\Video\nVidia" (all on one line, no breaks)
   OverwriteOemFilesOnUpgrade=No

Copy the last four lines to the appropriate section of your WINNT.SIF file and you should be OK. That takes care of the Intel chipset, TI Cardbus/Smartcard, Gigabit LAN, SigmaTel Audio, and nVidia Video. The Conexant modem, Alps software, and a bonus 1300 Wireless Mini-PCI LAN card are installed during RunOnceEx.cmd:

$OEM$-->$1-->Extras-->Conexant
$OEM$-->$1-->Extras-->Glidepoint
$OEM$-->$1-->Extras-->Truemobile

Download the drivers from Dell and extract them to the above directories, or use any directory naming convention you prefer. My RunOnceEx.cmd looks like this:

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off
TITLE Flash...
COLOR 8f

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Additional Features" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /VE /D "Conexant D480 Modem" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\004 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Extras\Conexant\HXFSetup.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Extras\TrueMobile\Setup.exe /s" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\006 /VE /D "Alps GlidePoint/StickPointer" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\006 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Extras\Glidepoint\Setup.exe /s" /f

Note that I install the modem using HXFSetup.exe vs. Setup.exe. The modem diagnositcs check out OK, but I have not tested it in the real world. Also, remove the TrueMobile reference if you do not have the device. FYI, the .iss file BootOption=3 found in the Glidepoint driver package should be changed to BootOption=0 or RunOnceEx will reboot. Not the end of the world. The Alps software will not function until the machine is rebooted following install.

Appropriate applets appear in Control Panel and everything is listed correctly in Device Manager following the install. I did not bother with the Notebook Software or Speedstep Fix. The Notebook Software is the type of crappy proprietary stuff I try to remove upon receipt of a new system, and you can judge the necessity of the Speedstep fix by reading THIS. There is an .iss file associated with the Speedstep Fix setup, but I received an error message during RunOnceEx while testing the install using the software downloaded from Dell and have no inclination to investigate further. The README file in the Notebook Software driver package explains how to perform a silent install if you really, really want it, easy peasy. Other items, like Dell's diagnostics software and Quickset utility, well...I never use 'em and everything works fine. Clean and mean is the way we likes 'em. :yes:

EDIT: Crap, just noticed that you are using the Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller. You will need to substitute the .cat, .inf, and .sys files for your device with mine (Gigabit LAN controller) found in the LAN directory. Get the driver from Dell, extract it, find the files, and put them where they belong and you should be OK.

• 1 month later...

sorry for coming off as a noob, but I was wondering where you added RunOnceEx.cmd in the winnt.SIF file. And by "last four lines" you don't mean

OemSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000\chipset;Drivers\001\cardbus;Drivers\002\D800\LAN;Drivers\003\D800\Audio;Drivers\004\Video\nVidia" (all on one line, no breaks)

but this:

OemSigningPolicy=Ignore

I'm guessing? thanks a lot for your time and work.

@Sonarcade:

The "last four lines" would include:

DriverSigningPolicy=

OemSigningPolicy=

OemPnPDriversPath=

OverwriteOemFilesOnUpgrade=

I use the Cmdlines.txt method to initiate RunOnceEx.cmd, so no WINNT.SIF entry is required.