strange, now i get a choice of XPpro or XPpro?

GLO

The situation is that i have XPpro SP1 installed on my PC, then i created a SP2 slipstream unattended disc to create a fresh install.

When i rebooted and had the SP2 disc in, it asked if i wanted to boot from the disc, I click yes!

It went throught the intial steps but did not show the Format screen at all. ( i have 3 partitions). It ended up installing on the 3rd partition and as such i had 2 partitions running XP, one with SP1 and the last with SP2.

I tried to format partition 1 to no avail then, rebooted and then was able to format partition 1, finally. I then installed again from the CD onto partition 1 and formated partition3.

Now when i boot up from the HDD a window asks me which OS do i want to run?

XPprofessional or

XPprofessional.

The first one works and the second doesnt. How can i get rid of this??? :wacko:

Thanks.

open your boot.ini file in notepad

goto run type:

notepad C:\boot.ini

delete that certain line thats it :)

Note: MAKE SURE U KNOW WHAT LINE IT IS :P

your boot.ini file may also be read only, so goto folder options, deselect "Hide protected system files" or something like that, then boot.ini will show up in c:\ as semi transparent, right click it, choose properties, then remove the read only attribute (then do step 1)

regards

open your boot.ini file in notepad

goto run type:

notepad C:\boot.ini

delete that certain line thats it :)

Note: MAKE SURE U KNOW WHAT LINE IT IS :P

your boot.ini file may also be read only, so goto folder options, deselect "Hide protected system files" or something like that, then boot.ini will show up in c:\ as semi transparent, right click it, choose properties, then remove the read only attribute (then do step 1)

regards

Thanks so much!