Are Multi Cmdlines.txt possible?

Hello there knowledgeable people,

I have created a multiboot CD and everything is working well, however I would like to have the ability to have a different range of Cmdlines.txt or something similar.

For example I want to do a minimal install without adding extra applications etc via RunOnceEx process, whereas I have other options on my boot menu that I would want to add all the applications via RunOnceEx.

Comment, suggestions, possibilities?

Cheers,

Felix

Not easily. You can program in to the effect of having it, if you are able to save a file to harddrive without it being erased.

Or since you already have a multiboot, the simplest thing to do, would be to have each boot folder point to a different Install folder (I'm assuming you have boot folders). Then that negates any hardcoding, and each Install folder can have it's own CMDLINES.TXT.

Felix

I posted the following as the reply to a similar question in regards to winnt.sif,

(http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=22635&hl=).

You may do the same for creating cmdlines.txt on the fly depending on the option you select at start of the build process. This is very basic approach, if you are willing to be creative write to me and I will give you some pointers.

Cheers

Raja

Add your Site Names in Config.sys and on selecting any of the option it will be saved in %Config% variable and can be used then in Autoexec.bat to edit the contents of Winnt.sif. There are various utilities out on the web which can serach and replace the text in a file. OR alternatively you may create winnt.sif file on the fly based on the option selected. You will need four batch files (one for each site) which should be almost the same as your four Winnt.sif files but with following addition.

For each line in winnt.sif add Echo command before it and then pipe the Echoed line to a new Winnt.sif. For example:

Echo First line of your existing Winnt.sif>>Winnt.sif

Echo Second line of your existing Winnt.sif>>Winnt.sif

Echo Third line of your existing Winnt.sif>>Winnt.sif

.....so on

Save them as .bat files (one for each site) and call this batch file from autoexec.bat to create Winnt.sif on fly. Must enter the correct path for creating the Winnt.sif file when piping the echo command.