Slipstream question.

bkraptor

I'm going to make a slipstreamed CD of XP Pro with SP2, but I'm wondering, how is it better to make it:

- over the original Windows XP Professional CD

- over the slipstreamed Windows XP Professional SP1 CD

Would it be too much if I asked to have an explanation as to why one way is better than the other?

PS: Sorry if this has already been discussed, my searching skills aren't that developed :wacko:

I'm going to make a slipstreamed CD of XP Pro with SP2, but I'm wondering, how is it better to make it:

- over the original Windows XP Professional CD

- over the slipstreamed Windows XP Professional SP1 CD

Would it be too much if I asked to have an explanation as to why one way is better than the other?

Thanks  :hello:

PS: Sorry if this has already been discussed, my searching skills aren't that developed :wacko:

That would give the EXACT same CD: Service Pack 2 includes all updates from Service Pack 1! ;)

I have spotted this "win51ip.SP1" file that is present on the SP1->SP2 slipstreamed CD, but is not present on the original -> SP2 slipstreamed CD, so I was asking what other files might differ (because I know the one mentioned makes no difference).

i tried to slipstream sp2 over sp1 and sp2 on a clean xp cd and compared the files and folders

there r some files that can be deleted

attached the .txt file with the unneded files and folders

but the files can differ from ur xp cd, cuz iam using a german xp cd...just try delete this files and try to install with vmware to be sure its working w/o problems

but what u can delete fo sho r the files SP1.cab, sp1.cat

Dateiliste.txt

Since SP2 includes all the SP1 updates and you have the original CD there is no need to first slipstream SP1 and then SP2. Go stright with Sp2. There is a plus of around 50 MB if u slipstream Sp2 in a Win SP1 rather slipstream in the original XP.