Audigy 2 ZS Driver

Diabolical82

Nice control panel.

Just one question. Any way to change the factory default speakers setting. Because like every five boots it keeps going back to 2/2.1 Speakers which is the default setting.

Have the same problem on both of my computers. So for one I need to change it to 4.1 and the other to 5.1 if at all possiable.

**** creative driver bug. :(

Thanks,

Will

Thanks a lot guys,

Will

Well what about CTZAPXX.exe /q /o /r ?

could you explain what /q /o /r is for? I assumed q is for quiet, o is for overwrite if exist, r... ?

You know:

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /VE /D "Audigy 2 Driver" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\065 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Audigy\CTZAPXX.exe /q /o /r" /f

Just saw some other people doing it that way:

Like: http://msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=70&t=24601

IIRC, "Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)" is not a good sign. I seem to remember that having it be recognized that way can cause compatibility issues. Have you guys tried any games with the drivers installed that way? Does EAX 3/4 work?

@ war59312

I've been using this switch CTZAPXX.exe /q /o /r and it always worked for me, my speaker setup is 2.1. I never own 5.1 speaker or such, and there's no way of telling from here :-( sorry

@ RyanVM

yep EAX worked.

So I should switch from /S to /q /o /r ??? Because /S is what I use for my DriverPacks...

war59312, I have the same issue with my speaker settings going back to 2/2.1 from 5.1. Haven't looked into a solution yet.

RyanVM, I haven't had any problems with "Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)". But I don't really do a whole lot of audio stuff (just a few games with 5.1 sound, and some DVD-Audio discs).

Bâshrat, I don't think it matters. Just 2 different methods of achieving the same goal.