Audigy 2 ZS Driver

Diabolical82

Ok, I got everything working, including CtPanel.

Download EAX4DRV_AUDIGY2_1_84_50.exe through www.creative.com

extract to $OEM$\$1\Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS

edit winnt.sif and add:

[Unattended]
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS\Drivers\WDM"

That will install the base drivers.

edit RunOnceEx.cmd and add:

IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\ctaud2k.sys REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Installing Audigy 2ZS CtPanel" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\ctaud2k.sys REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS\Drivers\CTZAPXX.exe /S" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\ctaud2k.sys REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "xcopy.exe /y \"%systemdrive%\Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS\Drivers\WDM\COMMON\CtCtrlPan.cpl\" \"%systemroot%\system32\"" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\ctaud2k.sys REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 3 /D "xcopy.exe /y \"%systemdrive%\Drivers\005_Audigy2ZS\Drivers\WDM\COMMON\CtPanel.exe\" \"%systemroot%\system32\"" /f

The IF EXIST bits makes sure the drivers are installed, so you won't install CtPanel on systems without an Audigy sound card.

We are running CTZAPXX here, because CtPanel will otherwise give an error stating that the drivers aren't installed (even though they really are).

the xcopy parts copy the 2 CtPanel files to \windows\system32\. Windows automaticly checks all .cpl files in system32 and adds them to the control panel.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

As I said before, I couldn't figure out the switches of CTZAPXX.exe (tried /S, without result) because I don't have a Creative APU. With the next release of my DriverPack Sound Creative's cards will be fully operational!!!!

small update: I got the directory where ctaud2k.sys gets copied to wrong. it goes to \system32\drivers\. So the IF EXIST parts need to be changed to:

IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\drivers\ctaud2k.sys

I updated my previous post with this change.

your method using XCOPY will work, it basically does same way as my mini-installer by self-extracting files to system32 folder.

The advantages for using my method, there's no need to copy entire folders thus saving fews Megabytes of spaces, the negative: taking little extras time during RunOnceEX, but Kaspin's will be detected during T-39, and copying Control Panel during RunOnceEx will be much quicker than mine. Bashrat's DriverPak should work same way as Kaspin's.

Either use my method or Kaspin or Bashrat's DriverPak will work, I'll leave that up to reader to decide on which method workout the best for them. Considering this case is closed since we've solved the problems.

Cheers!