how can i test my ISO on VPC without burning him?

i'v finally finished my unattended cd, and i got him on ISO file.. how can i test him on virtual pc?? and another question, where and what shall i write so all the actions, errors , and so on will be recorded to a log file?? thank u.

connect the vitual cdrom to your iso file...

second question...use pen and paper lol

now serious

most of the programs used to install unattended like xplode, wihu, ect...write there own log files. there you can debug eventually misbehaving installs.

If your talking about XP then pen and p…are handy…

mmm i tried to go to

cd > capture iso from image

then i chosed my ISO file, and i selected in the bios to boot from CD, then i get this massage :

CDBOOT: Cannot boot from cd Code: 4

what does it mean? and how can i fix it?

Hmm, it sounds like you have been using Nero or some other tool for making your ISO, is that right?

Anyways the problem is this (I think).

You probably have a correct bootimage but the tool you are using to make the ISO, ether does not support making bootsectors larger than 1 or you need to configure it. If u are using NERO then enable expert settings in the Boot tab and change to 4 sectors instead of 1 which is the default.

Hope this fixes it for you.

hi

u can (should) use CDImage Pro (or home ) available on unattended.msfn.org its a commandline utility, easy 2 setup, u just double click it once its all extracted & configured (2 configure it u are just telling it the path 2 your xp dir.) makes a working cd image (ISO)

regards

mmm i tried to go to

cd > capture iso from image

then i chosed my ISO file, and i selected in the bios to boot from CD, then i get this massage :

CDBOOT: Cannot boot from cd Code: 4

what does it mean? and how can i fix it?

how big is that image?