USB Printing

Radimus

Bashrat here's the clarification. If you have a USB printer connected and you go to device manager and click on the "Universal Serial Bus" section you will see a device called "USB Printing Support". Windows installs this out of necessity, even if you have a driver for your hardware.

As for your MFD's Radimus, do they have some sort of auto-off if there not used because from experiance my PC installs USB Printing Support and auto-detects the existance of my printer on login. So it would be just a matter of silently installing the driver and that's it.

the problem occurs when you have several of these devices...

By default USB printing is not installed, instructions say to install the drivers first, before connecting the device, then upon restart and connection the drivers will auto install/configure.

So basically USB printing has to be installed before the device gets connected, but I have 6 different models of MFD, I have provided all the paths to the drivers, but I'm hung up on the USB printer support

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem: Need to preinstall drivers for LJ1010 series.

But first you need USB printing support: that is i need to install DOT4.INF or USBPRINT.INF (from windows\inf).

But cant get it to work. Not even with devcon.

Searched a couple of days now, but only found people with the same problems, no solutions.

Ben Meijer