Counter-Strike and my GPU

Flash

I play Counter-Strike quite a bit. Lately i have been getting lag, not so much lag but frames and i mean they can reach 2-8 fps. I get them if theres alot of fire or action, but i can even get them if im running on my own somewhere. Now this makes it unplayable. When playing and not getting frames i get about 20-35fps (to me this seems a bit low...) for my GeForce3 Ti200 (now this aint a crap GPU, i know theres better but this is a good one in my eyes). I am using the drivers that XP gave me (from: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher) and these drivers give me no problems with any other game. Its not my connection either, i get around 50-30ms in the games and play on UK servers (own country). You guys know my specs and they should easily take CS and run it smoothly...!!

eeeek!!! your fps is pants!

ok, whats your desktop res running at?

do you use openGL or hardware in CS? (opengl will give beter results!)

what res is CS set to?

tried any different detonator drivers?

then theres settings you can change in the CS console, such as "max_fps 100" without the quotes (i think i got that right.)

€L1T€ can post more, i dont play CS anymore.

i get 100 Fps in opengl mode with my ati card, CS set to 800x600 res,

desktop is at 1152x864

latest catalyst drivers, last set of catalysts gave same fps too.

see, you most a question and get lots more back... you wont do it again will ya!? :)

Ahhhhh, sorted it all out now :D

For some reason my CS was running on Software mode :rolleyes: So changed that to hardware and bob's ya uncle i get 60fps and no lag and its even better on my new monitor!! :D

Cheers FthrJack for ya help...

My desktop is at 1280 x 1024 if ya want to know. CS runs smooth now :)

I would have replied earlier but been on holiday :D